Adventure photographers need a camera bag that’s as tough as they are. With its rugged materials and faceted design, the MindShift PhotoCross 13 backpack will protect your gear from another punishing trip into the wild.
The PhotoCross is built to withstand the elements, yet comfortable enough to wear on long days in the field. The extra-large side panel gives you complete access to your gear when you’re ready to take the shot.
- Weatherproof zippers and materials
- Durable materials provide abrasion resistance
- Extra-large side panel gives you complete access to all your gear
- Tripod or jacket carry with included straps
- Dedicated, padded pocket fits 13” laptop
- Waist belt is wide and removable, providing flexibility depending on the shoot
- Tarpaulin bottom panel is heavy duty and waterproof
- Wide shoulder straps give superior comfort from bodyconforming design
- Water bottle pocket locks in most 1 liter bottles
- Back panel with breathable 320G air-mesh keeps the back cool during long days
- Internal zippered pockets for batteries, memory cards or other small accessories
- Front pockets for filters, snacks, or a light layer are easily accessible
- T-pulls are easily gripped with or without gloves
- Top and side carry-handles
- Fully-customizable interior dividers for photo or personal gear
- Seam-sealed rain cover included for downpour conditions
What Fits +
- Fits an ungripped DSLR or Mirrorless body, 3–5 lenses including a 70–200mm f/2.8 detached and up to a 13” laptop.
- Sony A7RII with 24–70mm f/2.8 attached, 70–200mm f/2.8, 16–35mm f/2.8, 85mm f/1.8 (hoods reversed)
- Nikon D750 with 105mm f/2.8 attached, 70–200mm f/2.8, SB910 flash and a 35mm f/1.4 (hoods reversed)
- Canon 5D with 24–70mm f/2.8 attached, 70–200mm f/2.8, 16–35mm f/2.8, 85mm f/1.8 (hoods reversed)
- Fuji X-T3 with 16–55mm f/2.8 attached, 50–140mm f/2.8, 8–16mm f/2.8, 56mm f/1.2, 90mm f/2 (hoods reversed)
11.4” W x 18.1” H x 6.3” D (29 x 46 x 16 cm)
9.4” W x 15.7” H x 4.8” D (24 x 40 x 12.2 cm)
9.1” x 13” x 0.8” (23 x 33 x 2 cm)
Waist Belt Length:
up to 60” (150 cm) (includes length of product)
2.6 lbs. (1.2 kg) (with all accessories)
For superior water resistance, all exterior fabric has a durable water-repellant coating, plus the underside of the fabric has a polyurethane coating. The bag also features highest-quality YKK® weather resistant zippers, 420D high-density nylon, heavy-duty nylon Tarpaulin, 350g air mesh, nylon webbing, 3-ply bonded nylon thread.
Removable closed-cell foam dividers, P210D liner, polyurethane backed velex liner, 2x polyurethane coated 210T seam-sealed taffeta rain cover, nylon binding tape, 3-ply bonded nylon thread.
I bought this backpack to carry a camera and a laptop. It worked perfectly!
I photograph a lot in New Jersey Pine Barren's swamps. I need a small pack that would be comfortable on long bushwhacks and hikes that would not need to be taken off in these very wet environments. After trying other packs, this one fit the bill. It is comfortable as a backpack and a sling pack when shooting. The fit is very adjustable which makes it comfortable on long hikes. The only improvement would be to add more attachment loops. Since this is a small pack, being able to strap more things like a coat and a tripod to the outside would ideal. Four attachment loops on the top of the pack would be a simple and very useful upgrade. Still, this is the best daypack for photography I've ever used and I've used a lot of them.
This is my third MindShift back pack I have purchased along with 4 Retrospective Bags. I really like the design of this backpack especially the side panel. It fit my Nikon Z6 with 24-70 S lens, a Nikkor 70-300 F4.5-5.6 with FTZ adapter and a Nikkor 70-200 f2.8 VRII with TC-200e iii (this was a tight fit but I was able to zip the compartment closed.) After using it a few times for trips to my local zoo there are three things that I think would make the backpack better. First is the padding on the shoulder straps should be more substantial and better cushioned. I noticed this in the first hour of wearing with my Z6 camera and the 70-300 out of the backpack. I have bought supplemental pads for the backpack. This to me is a major miss to me, especially considering I wore my Backlight 18L for 6+ hours in the Grand Canyon with quite a bit of equipment and this wasn't an issue. The next two are smaller issues. The top handle and the side panel handle aren't cushioned. I think the top handle definitely should have been--also I don't have big hand but it seems tight. I did buy a neoprene wrap with Velcro for luggage to put over the top handle which has helped. Lastly, and this may be nit-picky but it would have sure been nice to have dual zippers on the side panel. If these changes were on the backpack I think it would be near perfection in my mind for its size. I would have gladly paid $10-20 more for these features.
At Think Tank, we build our products for the daily impacts of travel and demands of working professionals over extended periods of time. We build many of our products with user replaceable parts to keep your bag going for years.
If you are not completely satisfied with our product, you can return it unused within 30-days for a full refund less shipping costs. Refunds will not be issued until the product is received and inspected to insure that it contains all the parts and is clean and unused. Note that we do not pay for shipping to have you return it to us.