Adventure photographers need a camera bag that’s as tough as they are. With its rugged materials and faceted design, the MindShift PhotoCross 15 backpack will protect your gear from another punishing trip into the wild.
The PhotoCross is built to withstand the elements, yet comfortable enough to wear on long days in the field. The extra-large side panel gives you complete access to your gear when you’re ready to take the shot.
- Weatherproof zippers and materials
- Durable materials provide abrasion resistance
- Extra-large side panel gives you complete access to all your gear
- Tripod or jacket carry with included straps
- Dedicated, padded pocket fits 15” laptop
- Waist belt is wide and removable providing comfort and flexibility
- Waterproof, heavy-duty Tarpaulin base
- Wide, body forming shoulder straps provide superior comfort
- Water bottle pocket locks in most 1 liter bottles
- Back panel with breathable 320G air-mesh keeps your back cool during long days
- Internal zippered pockets for batteries, memory cards or other small accessories
- Easily accessible front pockets for filters, snacks, or a light layer
- T-pulls are easily gripped with or without gloves
- Top and side carry-handles
- Fully-customizable interior dividers for photo or personal gear
- Seam-sealed rain cover included for downpour conditions
What Fits +
- Fits an ungripped DSLR, 3–5 lenses including a 70–200mm f/2.8 attached and up to a 15” laptop.
- Sony A7RII with 24–70mm f/2.8 attached (hood extended), 70–200mm f/2.8 (hood reversed), 16–35mm f/2.8 and a flash
- Canon 5D with 24–70mm f/2.8 attached (hood extended), 70–200mm f/2.8 (hood reversed), 16–35mm f/2.8 and a flash
- Nikon D810 with 70–200mm f/2.8 attached, 24–70mm f/2.8 attached, 14–24mm f/2.8 and a flash (hoods reversed)
- Sony A7RII with 70-200mm f/2.8 attached, a flash and personal gear
13” W x 19.7” H x 7.5” D (33 x 50 x 19 cm)
10.6” W x 17.3” H x 5.5” D (27 x 44 x 14 cm)
10.2” x 15” x 1” (26 x 38 x 2.5 cm)
Shoulder Strap Length:
42.5–62.2” (108–158 cm) (includes length of product)
Waist Belt Length:
up to 60.6” (154 cm) (includes length of product)
3.0 lbs. (1.4 kg) (with all accessories)
For superior water resistance, all exterior fabric has a durable water-repellant coating, plus the underside of the fabric has a polyurethane coating. The bag also features highest-quality YKK® weather resistant zippers, 420D high-density nylon, heavy-duty nylon Tarpaulin, 350g air mesh, nylon webbing, 3-ply bonded nylon thread.
Removable closed-cell foam dividers, P210D liner, polyurethane backed velex liner, 2x polyurethane coated 210T seam-sealed taffeta rain cover, nylon binding tape, 3-ply bonded nylon thread.
Great quality backpack
I haven't toted it out into the field yet because of the weather and the holidays but it's holding a couple of bodies with lenses attached while it waits. All my necessary accessories are tucked away in the bag with room to spare. The quality is outstanding and the belt that comes with it is so solid and comfortable that I can already picture using it without the back pack for holsters and utility bags when I go into the field and don't need the entire back pack.
Perfect size pack for day hikes
I absolutely LOVE this pack. It fits my ungripped D850 or my gripped Z5 with large 24-70 f/2.8 lens attached and has room for 2 other full sized pro size lenses. It's even deep enough to easily accommodate my 70-200 2.8! Alternatively, I can stack a few primes with the included extra dividers. The interior flat pocket on the padded side is welcome, easily accommodating my 10" iPad. The mesh zippered pocket on the flap closure is handy for storing filters, cleaning supplies, misc items for quick access. This pocket is divided in two, but the dual zipper goes full length which is a very clever feature that I love. The outer compartment is pretty thin and at first I'd wished that it was deeper. However, it fits my spare batteries, media cards, more filters, in addition to storage for the included rain cover. On the exterior, there are plenty of useful loops for attaching carabiners, etc., as well as the included straps to tie down a tripod (or whatever else one might want to). The side pocket is perfect for holding a water bottle or can be used as an alternative way to store a tripod. The shoulder/waist harness have plenty of adjustment, but not bulky. This is a very comfortable pack. I'd say the thing I like most about this pack is that it allows me to carry JUST the essentials and nothing that I don't really need. Even the thinner outer compartment mentioned earlier got me to reconsider what I was carrying and reduce to just what I needed. This is a very well thought out pack. Thanks again, Think Tank for a wonderful product!
LOVE IT ! ! ! Just when I thought the PhotoCross could not get better
I love my PhotoCross sling bag, but it's a tad small for longer trips. This one has EVERYTHING I love about my PhotoCross, but with a lot more. I love that I don't have to set it on the ground to get my stuff out. Love all the little details, like the pull for the zipper. Love that the straps breath and don't make me feel hot. Love that I can remove the waist belt when I don't need it. Love that I have the choice of two places to put my tripod. Love that I have a spot for my water bottle. LOVE IT !!!
Love my new bag
At first I wasn’t sure if I was going to like it as much as I wanted to, there isn’t as many pockets as I am use to. But I am finding it really wonderful! It’s light but holds all the things I need for a photography session. Everything is organized and I find that I do not stuff things I don’t need in there since it really has just the right amount of space for the things I need.
Great Size and light weight
Excellent harness very comfortable with ample waist support. Easy to configure inside I can put Nikon Z7 with 70-200 f/2.8 attached. Also second body with 4 more lenses and flash. Only weighs 3lbs empty.
At Think Tank, we build our products for the daily impacts of travel and demands of working professionals over extended periods of time. We build many of our products with user replaceable parts to keep your bag going for years.
If you are not completely satisfied with our product, you can return it unused within 30-days for a full refund less shipping costs. Refunds will not be issued until the product is received and inspected to insure that it contains all the parts and is clean and unused. Note that we do not pay for shipping to have you return it to us.