Our sister outdoor company, MindShift Gear, has launched on Kickstarter the first 3-in-1 fly fishing backpack, the rotation180° Catch & Release™. The rotation180° Catch & Release operates as a traditional backpack, but the lower part of the backpack easily rotates to the front for quick access to fishing essentials. For deep water wading, the rotating beltpack also converts to a chest-pack in seconds. All of this can be done without taking off the backpack or returning to shore.
The rotation180° Catch & Release backpack is based upon MindShift’s patented rotation180° technology that was named a winner of the prestigious OutDoor Industry Award. While presenting earlier backpack incarnations at outdoor industry shows, MindShift was consistently told by industry experts, “Now that is a fly fishing backpack!” MindShift product designers, which include avid fly fishermen, conferred with leading professional anglers on what changes and enhancements needed to be made to make this the most technically proficient and useful fly fishing backpack ever developed.
Kickstarter backers will enjoy a special camouflage interior, available only on the Kickstarter production run. The backpack’s launch will be accompanied by a full slate of accessories, including a Beverage Holder, a Shooting Head Wallet, a Reel Case – Medium, and a Reel Case – Large.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Rotating beltpack for quickly accessing your fishing essentials: Fly boxes, extra spool, hemostats, thermometer, pliers, nippers, multi-tool, tippet material, gink, waterproof camera, plus room for leader and shooting head wallets.
- Integrated shoulder strap easily converts beltpack into a chest-pack for deep water wading
- Exclusive Kickstarter camouflage interior not available on future production runs
- Dedicated zippered hydration compartment on side fits most 2L reservoirs or 32oz water bottles
- Breathable, quick-dry harness with adjustable sternum strap
- Two rigged fly rods, multiple un-rigged fly rods or wading staff carries easily on the front and/or side panel.
- Water-resistant zippers with Hypalon zipper pulls for cold/gloved hands
- Backpack holds jacket/layers, summer style waders, hat, gloves, lunch, sunscreen, binoculars, walkie-talkie, maps, etc.
- Top zippered pocket for quick access items
- Fly patches on shoulder straps and top of belt pack
- Removable tippet holder on waistbelt
- Removable tippet holder on right shoulder strap
- Hypalon zinger attachment points on shoulder straps
- Quick access hemostat tool holder on side of beltpack
- Load-lifter straps adjust the weight distribution and customize fit
- Front zippered pocket for extra storage
- Two rows of daisy chains on shoulder straps for additional attachment points
- Multiple lash points to attach a landing net or wet clothing
- Beltpack compression straps to customize fit to different body types
- Lightweight materials keep you light on your feet throughout the day
- Rail on waistbelt wing to attach beverage holder (sold separately)
- Optional rain cover functions with rotation technology
Exterior: For superior water resistance, all exterior fabric has a durable water-repellant coating, plus a polyurethane coating on the underside of the fabric. The backpack also features high quality YKK® zippers, 420D velocity nylon, 420D high-density nylon, 210D velocity nylon, 420D polyurethane coated tarpaulin, high-density sport mesh, rubberized laminate, perforated EVA foam, nylon webbing, 3-ply bonded nylon thread.
Interior: 200D polyester lining, belly-o mesh pockets, high-density closed-cell foam, polyethylene reinforcement sheets, 3-ply bonded nylon thread.
PRODUCT DIMENSIONS & WEIGHT
- Backpack volume: 16.5L
- Beltpack volume: 5.5L
- Total volume: 22L
- Backpack weight: 2.4 lb. (1.1kg)
- Beltpack weight: 1.4 lb. (0.6kg)
- Total weight: 3.8 lb. (1.7kg)
Backpack exterior: 10.8” W x 20.5” H x 3.6” D (27.5 x 52 x 23 cm)
Beltpack interior: 9.4” W x 8.3” H x 5.7” D (24 x 21 x 14.5 cm)
Beltpack exterior: 10.6” W x 8.7” H x 5.9” D (27 x 22 x 15 cm)