A revolution in backpack design, the Shape Shifter V2.0 expands and contracts to hold gripped camera bodies and a laptop.
The backpack’s innovative design makes it one of the most flexible carrying solutions for professional photographers. While traveling or on location, the Shape Shifter V2.0 adjusts to fit your workflow. The series features dedicated tablet and smartphone pockets, roller handle pass-through sleeve, removable water bottle pouch and updated pouch design.
- Compresses to three inches in depth when gear is removed
- Neoprene pockets and wrap for cameras, lenses or personal items
- Holds a full assortment of photo gear, tripod, 15” laptop and a full size tablet
- A great travel bag with extra space to fit a jacket, food, or additional gear
- Tripod attachment on front of bag keeps tripod weight centered and allows you to access gear without detaching the tripod
- Easily accessible, plush pocket fits smartphones with displays up to 5.5”
- Roller handle pass-through sleeve to attach to rolling luggage
- Detachable water bottle pouch
- Pro Speed Belt or Thin Skin Belt (sold separately) can be attached
- Contoured shoulder harness with air channel for all body types
- YKK® RC-Fuse zippers with lockable sliders (lock not included)
- Upper front pocket with organizer for accessories
- Lower front pocket with zippered pocket for accessories
- Removable waist belt
- Shoulder harness pockets, D-Rings, and sternum strap
- Seam-sealed rain cover included
What Fits +
- 1 DSLR (gripped or un-gripped)
- 3 lenses (detached)
- 15” laptop
- Up to a 12” or 13” tablet
- Plus personal effects
- Example 1: Canon 1Dx, 24–70mm f/2.8, 70-200mm f/2.8, 16–35mm f/2.8, MacBook Pro 15, and iPad Pro
- Example 2: Nikon D810, 24–70mm f/2.8, 70–200mm f/2.8, 16–35mm f/2.8, MacBook Pro 15, and Surface Pro 3
18.9” H x 12” W x 7” D” (48 x 30.5 x 18 cm)
Exterior Dimensions When Compressed:
18.9” H x 12” W x 3” D (48 x 30.5 x 8 cm)
Laptop Compartment Interior Dimensions:
16.8” H x 11.4” W x 1.5” D (42.7 x 29 x 4 cm)
9.4” W x 12.2” H x 0.6” D (24 x 31 x 1.5 cm)
6.7” W x 4.5” H x 1.6” D (17 x 11.5 x 2 cm)
Weight (with all accessories):
4.3 lbs (2 kg)
- Durable water-repellent (DWR) coating
- Polyurethane coating
- 600D twill
- 320g dry-flow airmesh
- YKK® RC Fuse (abrasion-resistant) zippers
- Nylon webbing
- 3-ply bonded nylon thread
- Removable closed-cell foam dividers
- polyurethane backed liner and dividers
- 200D polyester
- Laminated non-woven backed nylex liner
- 2x polyurethane coated nylon 190T seam-sealed taffeta rain cover
- 3-ply bonded nylon thread
In The Box+
- Seam-sealed rain cover
- Tripod attachment straps
- Water bottle pouch
First time I review a bag. The idea of Shape Shifter is amazing. It holds tons of gear, when expanded, and when compressed it’s very streamlined and thin - but still fits a lot. I honestly couldn’t think of better bag for everyday carry because of this. Of course it won’t fit all your huge camera arsenal, but easily two bodies and 2-3 lenses along with your essentials. Especially great with mirrorless setup. When you need less, just compress it. Plus the build quality is top notch. So all in all, higly recommended - there is no other bag like this.
Loved my original version Shape Shifter, but it was provided by a former employer and I had to surrender the bag when I quit. Totally worth buying a new one to get the removable water bottle, that a brilliant improvement. The wrap for the camera body is a better design the previous pouch. The new pocket for a tablet is also great since I tend to bring one on fashion shoots with my mood board. I'm also a fan of the redesigned exterior pockets too, they are a little more useable and a little more accessible.
I needed a larger pack for photo vacation and settled on a Shape Shifter for my new unit. I initially thought I should have ordered the 17" when I first received the pack. I was wrong. This was the perfect travel pack for me to travel across the States to Canada. The versatility of the pack to act as both as my camera bag and a travel bag to haul onto a plane. It was also very comfortable as I hiked through a city for about 10 miles a day. Great go pack! Thanks!
Honestly, I didn’t expect to like this so much, but it’s a great casual looking and feeling bag that can hold quite a lot, with tons of organization. It can store away very low profile when not in use which also helps, or even when there are cameras and lenses inside. Even full, my laptop fits in the separate pocket no problem, and it’s really comfortable even on long days. Quickly becoming my favorite backpack!
Just took this backpack over to Italy for a two week trip from the states. This backpack carried EVERYTHING!! This was an incredibly well thought out and organized pack. I was able to pack my DSLR body, 3 lenses, a tripod, GoPro, laptop and it held 2 medium sized books as well as miscellaneous items. It was a load to carry but it has great support to take pressure off areas that shouldn’t carry the weight. I loved the expansion of the pack. I was able to have it expanded for travel and could condense it for day trips and museum visits. I would highly recommend this bag!
At Think Tank, we build our products for the daily impacts of travel and demands of working professionals over extended periods of time. We build many of our products with user replaceable parts to keep your bag going for years.
If you are not completely satisfied with our product, you can return it unused within 30-days for a full refund less shipping costs. Refunds will not be issued until the product is received and inspected to insure that it contains all the parts and is clean and unused. Note that we do not pay for shipping to have you return it to us.