Effective Date: May 22, 2018.
Table of Contents
- Think Tank Photo International Compliance
- The Information We Collect
- Cookies and Similar Technologies
- Online Advertising and Analytics
- Uses of Information
- Sharing and Disclosure of Information
- Your Choices
- Rights to personal information
- Third Party Website Links and Features
- Customer Reviews
- Children’s Privacy
- International Users
- Data Transfers
- How We Protect Your Information
- Think Tank Photo Contact Info
1. Think Tank Photo International Compliance
We may store your information in the United States and in other locations outside of the European Union. Any transfer of your data to the United States or another location outside the European Union will be in compliance with applicable European data protection laws.
2. The Information We Collect
Information You Provide
Think Tank Photo collects a variety of information that you provide directly to us, including any information that may be contained in videos, comments, or other submissions you upload or post to our website. Think Tank Photo may collect information from you in connection with:
- Account registration and administration of your Think Tank Photo account;
- Uploads or posts to the Services;
- Contest registration and prize acceptance;
- Customer support and technical assistance;
- Processing your order for products offered by Think Tank Photo;
- Registration of your Think Tank Photo products;
- Providing updates to you regarding your Think Tank Photo products;
- Newsletter subscriptions;
- Access to Think Tank Photo products or services on social networks or third party services;
- Services provided online and/or by way of your mobile device; and
- Other uses of the Services where information is requested for use and/or participation.
The specific types of information collected will depend upon the Services you use, how you use them, and what you choose to provide. They may include your full name, email address, phone number, product serial number, home address, mobile phone number, credit card information, shipping address, gender, birth date, and zip code. When you shop through our web store, we may collect data such as the purchases you have made, items in your shopping cart, and how often you make purchases.
Information We Automatically Collect
When you use Think Tank Photo’s Services, including, but not limited to, your Think Tank Photo account, and our website and web store, we may collect certain information as described below for such purposes as improvement of our products and software services, troubleshooting bugs, providing the Services, managing the Services, security and monitoring purposes, tracking and analyzing usage, providing content for referring traffic sources and improving overall performance of the Services. We may use third party analytics providers and technologies, including cookies and similar tools, to assist in collecting this information.
As discussed further below in Section 5, we may collect and store this information in a way that it is linked to you personally, unless you have chosen to opt out.
When you use our website (including our web store), we may collect and analyze information about your computer or mobile device such as your IP address, a mobile device identifier (e.g., a IDFA on Apple products like the iPhone and iPad or similar advertising identifiers), browser types, browser language, operating system, the state or country from which you accessed the Services, referring and exit pages and URLs, platform type, the number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed and the order of those pages, the amount of time spent on particular pages, the date and time you used the Services and upload or post content, error logs, and other similar information. We monitor customer traffic patterns and site usage to help us develop the design and layout of the site, and to improve the content of our website to better match the interests of our website users.
Information from Other Sources
Anonymous or De-Identified Data
3. Cookies and Similar Technologies
Please see our dedicated Cookies Policy.
4. Online Advertising and Analytics
We may use third-party web analytics services on our Services, such as those of Google Analytics. These service providers use the sort of technology described in the Automatically-Collected Information section above to help us analyze how users use the Services, including by noting the third-party website from which you arrive. The information collected by the technology will be disclosed to or collected directly by these service providers, who use the information to evaluate your use of the Services. We also use Google Analytics for certain purposes related to online marketing, as described in the following section.
We do not serve third party advertisements to you while using thinktankphoto.com. However, we do work with website analytics and advertising partners, including Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest to deliver Think Tank Photo advertisements on third party publisher websites. These partners may set cookies on your computer's web browser. These cookies allow our partners to recognize your computer so that the ad server can show you Think Tank Photo advertisements elsewhere on the Internet, and so that our analytics software can measure your engagement and interactions while using thinktankphoto.com. In this way, ad servers may compile anonymous, de-identified information about where you, or others who are using your computer, saw our advertisements, whether or not you interacted with our advertisements, and actions performed on subsequent visits to thinktankphoto.com. This information allows an ad network to deliver targeted advertisements that they believe will be of most interest to you, and it allows Think Tank Photo to optimize the performance of our advertising campaigns and the usability of our website. In other words, we use analytics data in concert with data about our online ads that have been shown using the Google Display Network, DoubleClick for Advertisers, or other online advertising networks. By doing so, we can understand how anonymous users interacted with our website after seeing our ads.
Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers. DNT is a way for users to inform websites and services that they do not want certain information about their webpage visits collected over time and across websites or online services. We are committed to providing you with meaningful choices about the information collected on our website for third party purposes, and that is why we provide the Network Advertising Initiative and the Digital Advertising Alliance opt-out links below in Section 7. However, we do not recognize or respond to browser-initiated DNT signals, as the Internet industry is currently still working toward defining exactly what DNT means, what it means to comply with DNT, and a common approach to responding to DNT.
For more information about these advertising and analytics services and how to opt out, please see the “Your Choices” section below.
5. Uses of Information
Think Tank Photo may use the information it collects for various purposes, including but not limited to:
- Service Improvement. As discussed throughout this Policy, we will use information to understand how users interact with our Services and advertisements, provide tailored content and advertising, improve the overall Think Tank Photo customer and product experience, and perform research and analytics.
- Think Tank Photo Personalization Services. Unless you opt out, we may combine automatically collected information (see Section 2 above) with identifiable information we have collected about you (including your Think Tank Photo device serial number and email address). By associating this data with you personally, we can further personalize and improve the Services for you, such as by providing personalized customer, delivering in-application messages and promotions, recommending features, and tailoring content and advertising to you. If you do not want us to associate this information with you personally, you may opt out in accordance with Section 7 (“Your Choices”) below.
- Order-Related Communications. If you place an order, we will use your name and email address to send you an order confirmation email, a shipping confirmation email, and customer satisfaction emails. If you do not wish to participate in customer satisfaction emails, you may opt out of such emails upon receipt by clicking “Unsubscribe” link contained in the email.
- Customer Service. Based upon the information you provide us at the time of Think Tank Photo account registration or purchase, we will send you a confirmation email to verify your username and password. We will also communicate with you in response to your inquiries, to provide the services you request, and to manage your Think Tank Photo account. We will communicate with you by email or telephone, in accordance with your preferences.
- Newsletters, Social Media Campaigns, Special Offers and Updates. We will occasionally send you information on products, services, special promotions, contests, customer satisfaction surveys, events, and opportunities to interact with Think Tank Photo and our community. You can sign up to receive these emails and social media campaigns from us on our newsletter sign-up page and/or during checkout while purchasing a product. Out of respect for your privacy, we present the option NOT to receive these types of communications. Please see the “Your Choices" section below for more details on how to unsubscribe or opt out of these communications from Think Tank Photo.
- Service-Related Announcements. We will send you service-related announcements on rare occasions when it is necessary to do so. For instance, if our service is temporarily suspended for maintenance, we might send you an email, push notification, or an in application or web based communication. Generally, you may not opt out of these communications, which are not promotional in nature. If you do not wish to receive them, you have the option to deactivate your Think Tank Photo account.
6. Sharing and Disclosure of Information
Think Tank Photo will only share information as outlined below or with your consent.
- Think Tank Photo will share with, sell to, rent to, or trade information with third parties for their own promotional purposes only if you consent to the sharing of the information.
- Customer Testimonials. At times, we may post customer testimonials on our website. We will obtain your consent via email and/or opt-in methods prior to posting your name, city, or stated activity/interest along with any testimonial.
- User-Generated Content. You may be able to disclose information about yourself in the course of contributing user-generated content on publicly available areas of the Services, such as your Think Tank Photo user profile or the blog. Your Think Tank Photo user profile and any information you post there will be publicly available. This includes, but is not limited to: your uploaded photos or videos, full name, email address, phone number, address, interests, content that you have identified as favorites, and Think Tank Photo users whose Think Tank Photo accounts you follow. Your photo or video files may also contain your narrations and captions, as well as data regarding your precise geo-location or information from a fitness device. If you share content via hidden URL link, that content and associated data will be accessible by anybody who has the access to the URL link. Your content will also be shared with users of other social media services to which you have chosen to share, consistent with your privacy settings on those services. Such information is unencrypted, is public information, may be accessed or recorded by us, and there is no expectation of privacy or confidentiality in such information. Any information you submit in the course of such activities can be read, collected, or used by other users. We cannot control how other users of our Services, such as Plus, Quik, and Awards, might use your information. We especially cannot prevent you receiving unwanted messages from other users. If you wish that a specific content generated by you should be removed from publicly available areas of our Services, please contact us.
- Service Providers. We use third party service providers to offer or facilitate services on our behalf, such as a shipping company to fulfill orders, a credit card processing company to bill you for goods and services, and an email service provider to send out emails on our behalf. When you order products from Think Tank Photo, we will share your information as necessary for such third party services providers to provide the applicable service to us or on our behalf. These third parties are prohibited from using any identifying information about you for promotional purposes.
- Business Transactions. Information that we collect is considered a business asset. As a result, if we go out of business, enter bankruptcy, or if we are acquired as a result of a transaction such as a merger, acquisition, or sale of some or all of our assets, your information may be disclosed or transferred to a third party acquirer in connection with the transaction.
- Legal Compliance. We reserve the right to access and disclose your information when we believe in good faith that such disclosure is necessary to: (a) enforce legal rights and comply with the law; (b) comply with an order from a government entity or other competent authority, (c) prevent or address potential or actual injury or interference with our rights, property, operations, users or others who may be harmed or may suffer loss or damage; (d) protect our rights, prevent fraud and/or comply with judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on Think Tank Photo.
- Law Enforcement. We may be required to disclose your information to government or law enforcement officials in response to a lawful request by a public authority or if we have to do so to comply with a legal obligation, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements. We can also disclose your information in order to apply or enforce our terms and conditions or to respond to any claims, to protect our rights or the rights of a third party, to protect the safety of any person or to prevent or prevent any illegal activity (including for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction).
7. Your Choices
- Marketing Communications. If you purchase a product but do not wish to receive any additional marketing material from us, you can indicate your preference on our order form by leaving the “Opt-In” checkbox blank. If you no longer wish to receive our newsletter, social media campaigns and promotional emails, you may opt out of receiving them by following the instructions included in each newsletter or email or by requesting through our Contact Us page.
- Tailored Online Advertising Opt-Out. Think Tank Photo strives to provide the public with relevant, value-added content in the form of online advertisements. However, we respect the wishes of anyone who does not want to be tracked by third party advertising companies online. Users may opt out of cookie-based online advertising and analytics programs by following the opt-out instructions provided by our advertising and analytics partners within our dedicated Cookies Policy at Cookies Policy.
8. Rights to personal information
Individuals, unless otherwise restricted by law, have the rights to:
- Be informed concerning the collection and use of personal information (“personal data”);
- Access their personal information;
- Correct inaccurate personal information;
- Request erasure of their personal information without undue delay;
- Have third parties that received personal information to be notified of the erasure or correction of personal information;
- Request the restricted processing of their personal information;
- To receive the personal information that they have provided us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to transmit that information to another controller without hindrance or ask us to do so; and
- To object to the processing of their personal information.
Such users may request access to their personal information and may modify or remove most information associated with their Think Tank Photo account at any time by logging into their Think Tank Photo account and accessing features such as Edit Profile and Account Info. Users may also email to exercise any of the above rights by emailing us at email@example.com. EU and Swiss users also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the EU Member State of their habitual residence, place of work or place of the alleged infringement if they consider that our processing of their personal information infringes the applicable data protection laws. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will provide you with detailed information regarding the contact details of the respective competent supervisory authority.
9. Third Party Website Links and Features
10. Customer Reviews
11. Children’s Privacy
Think Tank Photo’s Services are intended for general audiences and not for children under the age of 16. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 16 and if we become aware of such collection, we will take reasonable steps to delete any such information as soon as practicable.
12. International Users
13. Data Transfers
Accountability and Liability for Onward Transfer
Think Tank Photo is required to take certain steps when transferring personal information received from the European Union and Switzerland to third parties (such as including necessary contractual provisions in our third party contracts.
Privacy Complaints Handling, Recourse and Enforcement
Email address - email@example.com
We will respond to any complaints as soon as possible and within 45 days.
We encourage EU and Swiss individuals who have questions or complaints about how we process their Personal Data to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will work to resolve your issue as quickly as possible, but in any event within 45 days of receipt.
15. How We Protect Your Information
The security of your information is important to us. We have implemented reasonable administrative, technical, and physical security measures to protect against the unauthorized access, destruction or alteration of your information based on its sensitivity. Despite our best efforts, however, no security measures are completely impenetrable.
We will notify you, without undue delay, if an unauthorized access, destruction, or alteration of your information takes place. We will notify the appropriate supervisory authority within the required time period (72 hours in the E.U.).
16. Think Tank Photo Contact Info
Email address - email@example.com
Think Tank Photo, Inc.
3345 Industrial Drive, Suite 10
Santa Rosa, CA, 95403
Effective Date: May 22, 2018.