Designed specifically for DSLR and full-frame Mirrorless cameras with 300-600mm f/2.8 lens.
Hydrophobia rain covers are highest quality and most protective rain cover on the market.
Constructed with durable 3-layer material and seam-sealed, your gear is extremely well protected from downpour or dusty conditions. *Separate eyepiece required
- 3-layer material for superior durability
- Seam-sealed for maximum protection in downpour or dusty conditions
- Eyepiece allows full access to viewfinder while protecting your camera (eyepiece required for proper use—sold separately)
- Oversize window to view your LCD and controls
- Ability to get your hands directly on the camera through two cinchable sleeves gives you easy access to all your camera functions
- Integrated waterproof shoulder strap (excluding 300–600) allows the camera to be worn on the shoulder while cover is attached. Can be replaced with your favorite strap if desired.
- Mountable to tripod or monopod
- Eyepiece flap folds into a visor or, when not in use, shields viewfinder from rain or dust
- DWR coating for an extra layer of protection
- An eyepiece pocket is built into the bottom of the Hydrophobia rain cover (eyepiece sold separately)
- Rainproof front element cover is included for additional protection
- Non-slip, adjustable strap attaches directly to the lens hood
- Camera strap can be secured inside the cover
- Carrying pouch included for transportation and storage
What Fits +
- Compatible with super telephoto lenses (300mm f/2.8 up to 800mm f/5.6)
- Compatible with standard or gripped DSLRs with a Hydrophobia eyepiece attached (eyepiece sold separately)
27.1” L x 5.1–7.9” Diameter (69 x 13–20 cm)
600mm Lens Extension Sleeve Dimensions:
6.9” L x 5.1–7.9” Diameter (16 x 13–20 cm)
14.9 oz (424g) rain cover only
Eyepiece (sold separately) required for proper use
- 210T seam-sealed rip-stop, polyurethane film and 70D nylon tricot
- Polyurethane seam tape
- Weather resistant zippers
- Antique plated metal hardware
- Rubberized laminate
- High-density shock cord
- Nylon webbing
- 3-ply bonded nylon thread
In The Box+
- Carrying pouch for transportation and storage
The Best Rain/Snow Cover***
There are many options available, but for all day protection and features that allow you to fully operate the camera, Hydrophobia is the cover to have. ***Buyer beware, these covers are designed for DLSRs and specific Sony mirrorless cameras. Take a minute to get the correct eyepiece for your system. With the correct eyepiece these covers are fantastic. Like many, I recently transitioned to mirrorless (Canon) so I'll have to use my Think Tank Emergency Rain covers for the time being. I'm keeping a DSLR (or two) and my Hydrophobia covers will see continued service (there may even be an Exacto knife and some gaffer tape in my future to make these covers work with my new cameras.)
Great rain cover
Was in need of a new rain cover and asked around and every photographer said to go with the ThinkTank cover. I have been very happy with it and has kept my camera and long glass dry.
Only works for Canon
Because of the need to use an eyepiece to make this work, and that eyepiece will only work on a Canon, everyone else is out if luck. Shortsighted and unfortunate on think tank's part.
Think Tank Photo
Hi Dan, We sell multiple eyepieces for various brands - https://www.thinktankphoto.com/collections/camera-rain-covers/products/eyepieces?variant=1245495231 Cheers, Simon
Mirrorless camera issue.
I have these fo my DSLR cameras but since the eyepiece on my mirrorless is not removable this product won’t work. Will Thinktank be addressing that issue in a newer version?
Think Tank Photo
Hi Jamie, we make a range called "Emergency Rain Cover" they don't use a dedicated eye piece, maybe check them out. https://www.thinktankphoto.com/collections/camera-rain-covers
Best rain/snow/sand protector ever
This was a replacement Hydrophobia. After years of use in rain on 5 continents, snow on 4 continents and desert sands on 2 continents my old one finally wore out. The product seals up my camera/lens beautifully while allowing me full access to my controls. I couldn't recommend this product more highly.
At Think Tank, we build our products for the daily impacts of travel and demands of working professionals over extended periods of time. We build many of our products with user replaceable parts to keep your bag going for years.
If you are not completely satisfied with our product, you can return it unused within 30-days for a full refund less shipping costs. Refunds will not be issued until the product is received and inspected to insure that it contains all the parts and is clean and unused. Note that we do not pay for shipping to have you return it to us.