NEWS & EVENTS
BackLight® 18L Photography Backpack Honored as one of Professional Photographer Magazine’s 2018 Hot Ones
BackLight series, the BackLight 18L rear-panel backpack, has been honored by Professional Photographer magazine as a 2018 Hot Ones. This lightweight daypack enables photographers to access gear without taking off the backpack. They can change lenses or just snap a quick photo simply by rotating the bag to the front while the waist belt is still secured. Rear-panel access also adds security when traveling since gear is protected from behind.
This year marks the 19th edition of Professional Photographer magazine’s Hot Ones. The official magazine of Professional Photographers of America, Professional Photographer helps readers advance their businesses and careers through editorial content that addresses the artistic, technological, and business aspects of their work. For more than 100 years, pros have relied on Professional Photographer to deliver the education and inspiration they need to be successful: practical lessons and of-the-moment images that define an industry.
“We are deeply honored that Professional Photographer magazine selected the BackLight 18L for this year’s Hot Ones award,” said Think Tank Photo’s president and lead designer Doug Murdoch. “Just as Professional Photographer exists to serve the needs of working professional photographers, so too does Think Tank’s outdoor subsidiary, MindShift Gear. We were co-founded by and for professional photographers who need to know that their photo gear is made to withstand their most rugged usage while allowing quick access.”
The BackLight 18L’s back-panel access allows photographers to work out of the bag without getting the harness dirty, wet, muddy, or icy. It features dedicated compartments that fit up to a 13” laptop and a full-size tablet. As a daypack, its front pockets total 5 liters in personal gear carry for a day’s outing, such as extra layers, a light jacket, food, and more. It is available in two colors, Charcoal and Woodland Green, and meets most international and U.S. airline carry-on requirements.
ADDITIONAL FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Daisy chain, ice axe loops and additional lash points for expanding carry capacity
- Includes tripod/monopod mounting system on front or side
- Comfortable padded waist belt for all day comfort on the trail with webbing rail for additional MindShift accessories
- Flap-keeper neck strap allows unencumbered access to gear
- Two large water bottle pockets with cinch cord fit a 32oz Nalgene
- Side compression straps with locking SR buckles for additional lash points
- Air channel and lumbar support on rear-panel for all-day comfort
- Ergonomic zipper pulls are easily gripped with gloves or frozen fingers
- Highest quality YKK zippers, 420D Velocity and 420D high-density nylon for long lasting durability and strength
- Front stuff pockets for trail essentials, e.g., headlamp, gloves, chargers
- Adjustable dividers for large telephoto lenses, traditional photo gear, or personal items
- Top zippered pocket for quick access essentials
- Interior mesh pockets for storing filters, batteries, cables, etc.
- Seam-sealed rain cover included, folds flat for use as a ground cover
- Compatible with MindShift’s Tripod Suspension Kit, Filter Nest, Filter Hive and Switch Case