NEWS & EVENTS
FPV Airport Helipak is a “Pit Stop in a Bag” for FPV Racers
Our new FPV Airport Helipak Backpack is built to transport a FPV racer’s complete multirotor racing kit to their next race. This comfortable “pit stop in a bag” holds all of their drones, tools, gear and accessories — and is designed to meet most U.S. domestic and international carry-on requirements. Customizable dividers and internal attachment points enable numerous layout configurations. The FPV Airport Helipak is protective, yet lightweight and very portable — making it an ideal bag for the traveling quad racer.
“The bottom line is that, to date, most carrying solutions for FPV racing have been of inferior quality,” said Think Tank co-founder, designer, and FPV racer Mike Sturm. “The new FPV Airport Helipak features YKK RC Fuse zippers, 1680D Ballistic nylon bottom panel, metal hardware, and nylon webbing that are the most durable, long lasting materials available. FPV racers should be concerned only with winning, not with what to do if their bag rips.”
- Custom divider set specifically designed for the FPV pilot allows you to reconfigure your bag depending on what gear you are carrying
- Dedicated 15” laptop pocket
- Multiple lash points to attach drones or a portable chair to the outside of the pack
- Pockets for tripod attachment or water bottle on both sides
- Elastic daisy chains in main compartment hold essential tools, props or antennas
- Easily configures to hold complete parallel charging systems
- Extra-large internal pocket for props
- Internal see-through mesh pockets for small tools and accessories: rotor blades, screwdriver, cables, etc.
- Contoured adjustable harness with lumbar support, articulated air-channel and removable padded waistbelt enables travel into remote areas
- Height-adjustable sternum strap
- Robust handles ensure rapid and easy retrieval from overhead bins, car trunks, etc.
- Seam-sealed rain cover helps to protect your gear
Exterior: For superior water-resistance, all exterior fabric has a durable water-repellant (DWR) coating, plus the underside of the fabric has a polyurethane coating. The backpack also features YKK® RC Fuse (abrasion-resistant) zippers, 1680D ballistic nylon bottom panel, 600D polyester, 550D polyspun, 3D air mesh, ultra-stretch pockets, Y-buckles, 320G airmesh, nylon webbing, and 3-ply bonded nylon thread.
Interior: Removable closed-cell foam dividers, 210D silver-toned nylon, polyurethane-backed velex liner, 2x polyurethane coated
Exterior Dimensions: 13.6” W x 19.7” H x 8.9” D (34.5 x 50 x 22.5 cm)
Interior Dimensions: 13” W x 19” H x 7.9” D (33 x 47.8 x 20 cm)
Laptop Compartment: 13” W x 18.5” H x 1.4” D (33 x 47 x 3.5 cm)
Weight (with all accessories): 4.4 lbs. (2 kg)