MindShift Gear Updates Classic Moose Peterson Outdoor Photography Backpacks
Working in partnership with renowned wildlife photographer Moose Peterson, our sister company MindShift Gear has updated the three classic Moose Peterson backpacks. Initially designed for wildlife and safari photographers, the backpacks feature a three-compartment layout that helps protect their gear from the elements.
The Moose Pack series is available in three sizes: MP-1, MP-5 and the smallest, the MP-7. The backpacks can carry up to three DSLR camera bodies with telephoto lenses attached—up to 600mm f/4. This strategy enables photographers to be ready to capture wildlife at any distance without changing lenses or exposing the sensor to the elements. The backpacks also feature the same innovative “Moose Ear” flaps that close automatically, protecting camera gear from dust and debris common in wildlife photography. And because nature photographers often travel to remote locations, the packs are designed to meet airline carry on requirements, and even fit in the overhead compartment of the smallest regional jets.
Moose Peterson is a recognized Nikon USA Ambassador, Lexar Elite Photographer, recipient of the John Muir Conservation Award, and Research Associate with the Endangered Species Recovery Program. He also shares his knowledge through writing, being published in over 143 magazines worldwide, authoring 28 books including Photographic FUNdementals and Taking Flight and Captured, and lecturing across the country to thousands of photographers. As one of the original Nikon shooters to receive the D1 in 1999, Moose became the first wildlife photographer to shoot strictly digital.
- Original 1998 ‘Moose Ears’ design with auto-close compartment flaps protect the interior from dust, spray, wind, etc.
- Three compartment system allows you to keep lenses attached providing the quickest way to access gear
- Tuck-away harness system with removable waistbelt easily allows you to streamline your bag when loading it in a train, plane or automobile (MP-1 & MP-3 only)
- Sized for carry-on, allowing you to get the maximum amount of gear on the plane
- Long glass carrying solution with body attached
- Tripod/monopod mounting system on side and front
- Flap guard protects front zippers
- Highest quality RC Fuse YKK zippers, 600D and 420D nylon construction for long-lasting durability and strength
- Dual-density foam padded shoulder harness, cushioned with air mesh
- Zippered side pockets fit full-sized flashes (MP-7 only)
- Stretch water bottle pocket fits 32 oz. water bottle
- Robust zipper pulls are easily gripped with or without gloves
- Seam-sealed rain cover/drop cloth included protects against rain and dust
Moose Peterson MP-7 V2.0
- Holds 1 gripped body attached to 70–200mm f/2.8 and two ungripped bodies with primes attached, two flashes and accessories
- Or, holds 1 gripped body and one ungripped body with 70–200mm f/2.8, 24–70mm f/2.8, 14–24mm f/2.8 (or 16–35mm f/2.8), a 2x teleconverter, two flashes and accessories
- Maximum lens size: 200mm f/2 attached to a gripped body
Moose Peterson MP-3 V2.0
- 3 gripped DSLRs with lenses attached, 1–2 additional lenses and 1–2 flashes and accessories
- Or, 3 gripped bodies and 1 ungripped body detached from lenses, 4–5 standard zoom lenses, 1–2 flashes, a 2x teleconverter and accessories
- Maximum lens size: Holds 600mm f/4 detached or 500mm f/4 lens attached to a gripped body
Moose Peterson MP-1 V2.0
- 3 gripped DSLRs with lenses attached,3–5 additional lenses, 2x teleconverter,1–2 flashes and accessories
- Or, 3 gripped bodies and 1 ungripped body detached from lenses, 7–8 standard zoom lenses, 1–2 flashes, a 2x teleconverter and accessories
- Maximum lens size: Holds 800mm detached