The BackLight® 18L, with a rear-panel compartment for photo gear, allows you to access your gear without taking off the backpack.
You can change lenses or just snap a quick photo simply by rotating the bag to the front of your body while the waist belt is still secured.
- Back-panel access to your camera gear without taking the bag off, allowing you to work out of the bag without getting your harness dirty, wet, muddy or icy
- Dedicated compartments fit up to a 13” laptop and full size tablet
- Daypack capacity! Front pockets totaling 5L carry personal gear for a day’s outing: extra layers, a light jacket, food, etc.
- Meets most international and US carry-on requirements*
- Daisy chain, ice axe loops and additional lash points for expanding your carry capacity
- Includes tripod/monopod mounting system on front or side
- Comfortable padded waist belt for all day comfort on the trail with webbing rail for modular pouches or accessories
- Flap-keeper neck strap allows you to work out of the bag, unencumbered
- Two large water bottle pockets with cinch cord fit a 32oz Nalgene
- Side compression straps with locking SR buckles for additional lash points
- Air channel and lumbar support on rear-panel for all-day comfort
- Ergonomic zipper pulls are easily gripped with gloves or frozen fingers
- Highest quality YKK zippers, 420D Velocity and 420D high-density nylon for long lasting durability and strength
- Front stuff pockets for trail essentials: headlamp, gloves, chargers
- Adjustable dividers for large telephoto lenses, traditional photo gear, or personal items
- Top zippered pocket for quick access essentials
- Interior mesh pockets for storing filters, batteries, cables, etc.
- Seam-sealed rain cover included
- Compatible with the Tripod Suspension Kit, Filter Nest, Filter Hive and Switch Case
*Check with your airline for current carry-on requirements
What Fits +
- Holds 2 standard DSLR bodies with lenses attached and 1–3 standard zoom lenses
- Holds 2 Mirrorless bodies with lenses attached and 3–5 lenses
- Fits up to a 13” laptop and a 10” tablet
- Fits personal gear in the 5L front compartments
- Maximum lens size: 300mm f/2.8 or 150–600mm f/5–6.3 attached to a body
- Nikon D750 with 24–70mm f/2.8 attached, Nikon D750 with 70–200mm f/2.8 attached, 14–24mm f/ 2.8, 85mm f/1.8
- Sony A7 with 70–200mm f/2.8 attached, Sony A7 with 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6 attached, 16–35mm f/2.8, 24–70mm f/2.8
- Canon 5D with 24–70mm f/2.8 attached, Canon 6D with 70-200mm f/2.8 attached, 16–35mm f/2.8, 100mm f/2.8
9.4” W x 16.7” H x 5.5” D (24 x 42.5 x 14 cm)
10.6” W x 18.5” H x 7.1” D (27 x 47 x 18 cm)
8.9” W x 13.8” H x 0.8”D (22.5 x 35 x 2.1 cm)
8.7” W x 10.2” H x 0.6” D (22 x 26 x 1.5 cm)
3.5 lbs (1.6 kg)
For superior water resistance, all exterior fabric has a durable water-repellant coating, plus the underside of the fabric has a polyurethane coating. It also has highest-quality abrasion-resistant YKK® RC-Fuse zippers, 420D velocity nylon, 420D high-density nylon, 320G UltraStretch mesh, 350G airmesh, nylon webbing, 3-ply bonded nylon thread.
210D silver-toned nylon lining, hexa-mesh pockets, high-density closed-cell foam, PE board reinforcement, 3-ply bonded nylon thread.
Great Backpack for Active Photographers
I just got back from using the backpack heavily during a week long trip to two Natl. Parks. Very comfortable on hikes, my gear felt secure, and the fit on my body was really comfortable (waist strap is really helpful- I'm 5'5"). So nice not having to take it completely off (like I had to constantly do with my old backpack) or set it down or having my husband/family hold it for me to access my gear. I carried one Canon DSLR body, 1 or 2 smaller kit lenses at times (18-55mm and 75-250mm) and my 150-500mm lens (plus some camera accessories, wallet, phone and snacks of course!). Yes- my backpack was HEAVY at times- but it was still comfortable to wear- my back didn't hurt. I was able to configure the inside to have my 150-500 lens mounted to my DSLR and still zip it closed too (lens not expanded when in backpack). Lots of padding too. I used the rain cover a couple times for snow and rain- really easy to put on and off- kept everything dry. Very pleased with this backpack and I expect it to last a long time!
BackLight 18L - Nice
I've taken it out a couple of times and it travels great! It is just the right size for me (I'm a little on the tall side 6'3" ish) and it carries all the stuff I need. Best purchase I've made in a while. The build seems fantastic. It may be awhile before it needs to be replaced.
Great Customer Service
This back pack was amazing and perfect for a professional photographer. Unfortunately, it was too much for me and I returned it. The customer service response was quick and I got my refund in a few days. Very pleased with this company and I recommend this backpack if it suits your needs.
Perfect Camera Backpack
After using camera backpacks for many years, this on is as close to perfect as it gets. So many other packs are camera packs with thicker straps added. This pack feels like a teal backpack with adjustable camera options. Love it!
Looks like it will work just fine
I purchase this and the Passport Sling III for an upcoming trip to the Galápagos Islands. Looks like I can fit everything I want to take into the Backlight 18L (travel pack). I will put to the test this Dec 2021.
At Think Tank, we build our products for the daily impacts of travel and demands of working professionals over extended periods of time. We build many of our products with user replaceable parts to keep your bag going for years.
If you are not completely satisfied with our product, you can return it unused within 30-days for a full refund less shipping costs. Refunds will not be issued until the product is received and inspected to insure that it contains all the parts and is clean and unused. Note that we do not pay for shipping to have you return it to us.