The BackStory 13 rear-panel opening offers complete access to your gear while a top panel provides quick access to your camera and speeds your workflow.
A deep front compartment with zippered mesh pockets has ample room for personal gear, including a 10” tablet and 13" laptop. And with its plush shoulder harness and removable waist belt, the BackStory is comfortable enough to wear all day.
- Top panel quick access and rear panel full-access to camera gear
- Dedicated 13” laptop pocket and 10” tablet compartment
- Roomy front pocket for light layers and other personal items
- Microfiber-lined exterior pocket for today’s plus-sized phones or sunglasses
- Customizable divider system maximizes photo carry with two cushioned pillows that shape to your gear for secure protection
- Tripod attachment on front secures a small or large tripod with deployable cup
- Plush shoulder harness with removable sternum strap
- Removable webbing waist belt
- Luggage handle pass-through
- Top and side grab handle
- Expandable water bottle pockets on both sides
- Top compartment mesh pocket helps to organize small items
- Front pocket organizer and zippered mesh pocket keep essentials handy
- Main compartment pockets give you quick access to filters, batteries, cards, etc.
- Seam-sealed rain cover included
What Fits +
- 1-2 Standard DSLR bodies
- or, Mirrorless System
- 13” laptop
- 70–200mm f/2.8 attached
- 1–3 additional lenses
- Plus personal gear
- Sony a7mIII with 24–70mm f/4 attached and a Sony a6300 with a 50mm f/1.8 attached, two small primes, HVL-F43M strobe and a 13” laptop
9.8” W x 14.2” H x 5” D (25 x 36 x 12.7 cm)
10.2” W x 16.9” H x 7.1” D (26 x 43 x 18 cm)
Laptop Pocket (fits up to 13” laptop):
9.1” W x 13.4” H x 1.0” D (23 x 34 x 2.5 cm)
3.0 lbs (1.3 kg)
- Durable water-repellant (DWR) coating
- Polyurethane backed fabric for superior water-resistance
- 500D 2-tone poly tech-weave
- YKK® RC Fuse (abrasion-resistant) zippers
- 420D high-density nylon
- 350G high-density nylon air-mesh
- Nylon webbing
- 3-ply bonded nylon thread
- Stiffened closed cell foam dividers
- Polyurethane backed liner & dividers
- 210D nylon
- Super-Grip velex
- Hexa mesh
- High-density nylon microfiber
- 2x polyurethane coated nylon 190T seam-sealed rain cover
- 3-ply bonded nylon thread
Compact & Efficient
Depart tomorrow for summer adventures. Hiking to The Wave and White Pocket, then off to Morocco to travel by Camel and Hot Air Balloon. This pack, unlike my other 20 bags/packs, forces you to only bring what’s important. Canon 5DS, 24-70 2.8, 70-200 2.8, Zeiss 21mm prime, 13” macPro, Gitzo Carbon traveler and a Light L16 for backup. All ya Need!
Perfect Mothers Day Gift
My wife is using this with her new Nikon system and loves it. Nice looking bag.
Perfect size for daily use
I bought the Backstory 13 and the Everyday Backpack Zip (15L) by Peak Design so I could compare them side by side. I'm 5'3” and have been looking for a smaller backpack to carry my Canon 6d and one or two extra lenses. Both packs are well built, similar in size, and can be accessed from the top. I loaded each one with the camera body and 70-300 lens attached, an 85mm lens, a 24-105 lens, a phone, a few incidentals and an iPad. The PD was pretty stiff to open (both the material and the zippers) and readjusting the dividers was a little more difficult than the Backstory 13. Overall, it was fairly comfortable and had a lot of great features but one big drawback for me was that didn’t come with a waist belt. The weight of the gear adds up quickly and the belt helps take the weight off your shoulders and back. The Backstory 13 was noticeably more comfortable right away. It not only comes with more dividers but they’re easier to adjust. The opening at the top is far more convenient to access, the straps have thicker padding and it has a waist belt. Both packs are nice, but the Backstory 13 is more comfortable so I returned the PD pack.
Really like this backpack. Well made, as someone who writes and photographs being able to have my laptop and tablet with me is nice. I also like the top camera access works better for me over a side access. I set my bag on the front passenger footwell so if I need my camera a quick zip and there it is. One thing if you could make the tablet slot a bit wider it might fit a tablet with its case installed which a lot of use. I wished in came in black but the gray and white is growing on me.( I got another black camera backpack if I want to use a black bag)
BackStory13: Great Slim Profile Well Built Minimalist Bag.
Overall very good but the pass through for attaching it to the Think Tank Airport International roller is difficult at best. It’s a struggle to get it on and off. It could be designed with a narrower band and a little more flexibility.
Think Tank Photo
Thank you for this feedback, Paula, we appreciate it - Simon @thinkTankphoto
At Think Tank, we build our products for the daily impacts of travel and demands of working professionals over extended periods of time. We build many of our products with user replaceable parts to keep your bag going for years.
If you are not completely satisfied with our product, you can return it unused within 30-days for a full refund less shipping costs. Refunds will not be issued until the product is received and inspected to insure that it contains all the parts and is clean and unused. Note that we do not pay for shipping to have you return it to us.