The BackLight 36L back panel opening allows access to all of your gear, when taking the pack off is not an option.
The backpack features 11 liters of daypack capacity providing plenty of space for personal gear, including separate dedicated compartments for a 10" tablet and 15" laptop.
- Back-panel opening provides access to all of your camera gear without taking the pack off, allowing you to work out of the bag without getting your harness dirty, wet, muddy or icy.
- Dedicated compartments fit up to a 15” laptop and a 10” tablet.
- Daypack capacity! Front pockets totaling 11L carry personal gear for a day’s outing: extra layers, a light jacket, food, etc.
- Meets most International and US carry-on requirements*
- Daisy chain, ice axe loops and additional lash points for expanding your carry capacity
- Includes tripod/monopod mounting system on front or side
- Padded waist belt for all day comfort with webbing rail for attaching MindShift accessories
- Quick fit waist belt adjustment for rapid and convenient fitting
- Side compression straps with locking SR buckles for additional lash points
- Cable Attic for carrying filters or flash accessories
- Air channel and lumbar support on rear-panel for all-day comfort
- Ergonomic zipper pulls are easily gripped with gloves or chilled fingers
- Highest quality YKK RC Fuse zippers, 420D Velocity and 420D high-density nylon for long lasting durability and strength
- Front stuff pockets for trail essentials: headlamp, gloves, chargers
- Adjustable dividers for large telephoto lenses, traditional photo gear, or personal items
- Top zippered pocket for quick access to essentials
- Interior mesh pockets for storing filters, batteries, cables, etc.
- Seam-sealed rain cover included
- Compatible with the Tripod Suspension Kit, Filter Nest, Filter Hive and Switch Case
*Check with your airline for current carry-on requirements
What Fits +
- Holds 2 gripped DSLRs with lenses attached and 4–6 standard zoom lenses plus a flash
- Holds 2 gripped mirrorless bodies with lenses attached and 6–8 lenses plus a flash
- Fits up to a 15” laptop and a 10” tablet
- Fits personal gear in the 11L front compartments
- Maximum lens size: 600mm f/4 detached from body
- 600mm f/4, Sigma 35mm f/1.4 ART, 70–200mm f/2.8, Nikon D4S
- Nikon D3S with 24–70mm f/2.8 attached, Nikon D4S with 14–24mm f/ 2.8 attached, 135mm f/2, 70–200mm f/2.8, 105mm f/2.8 macro, 85mm f/1.8, Sigma 35mm f/1.4 ART, 50mm f/1.4, filters
- Canon 1DX with 400mm f/2.8 attached, 16–35mm f/2.8, 70–200mm f/2.8, 24–70mm f/2.8
12.5” W x 22.4” H x 9.1” D (31.8 x 57 x 23 cm)
12” W x 21” H x 7.1” D (30.5 x 53.5 x 18 cm)
11.2” W x 16.1” H x 1” D (28.5 x 41 x 2.5 cm)
10.6” W x 10.2” H x 0.6” D (27 x 26 x 1.5 cm)
4.9 lbs (2.2 kg)
For superior water resistance, all exterior fabric has a durable water-repellant coating, plus the underside of the fabric has a polyurethane coating. Features highest-quality abrasion-resistant YKK® RC-Fuse zippers, 420D velocity nylon, 420D high-density nylon, 320G UltraStretch mesh, 350G airmesh, nylon webbing, 3-ply bonded nylon thread.
210D silver-toned nylon lining, hexa-mesh pockets, high-density closed-cell foam, PE board reinforcement, 3-ply bonded nylon thread.
I was hesitant in purchasing this bag as I was not going to use it in the woods or only once in a while but rather as my main bag to carry my gear to my office everyday. I produce photos, videos, graphic design, websites, etc so I wanted something that could carry two cameras, a 16” MacBook as well as a couple of extra lenses and other odds and ends. So far I’ve found the bag to be rugged with excellent straps, I haven’t heard a single thread pop like most bags that are weighed down. The zippers are strong and easy to pull. I do wish there were a few more pockets for items in the area around the laptop but I probably have too much stuff in the bag and couldn’t handle much more. I’m interested in finding out how well this bag holds up after a year of almost daily use. Eventually I hope to only carry one body and a small drone. I haven’t put my iPad in with the laptop but if I do I’ll probably need to lose something else as I feel the bag is at its limits with the current load. I chose the grey version for no particular reason and it looks great. If you are considering this bag I’d say it’s perfect for a day shoot, not for overnight. With my current setup I couldn’t fit more than an extra t shirt inside.
Well made and the zippers are stout. I personally love a rear entry pack and find it easier to use. I’m often out at night shooting Milky Way images and this is an easy pack to use. I would love a yellow interior though to make it even easier to see my gear.
Bought this bag to carry a 500mm lens mounted on body and an extra camera body. It's a large bag, but comfortable to wear and holds what I need. By detaching the gear loft attached on the top and moving it to the bottom of the bag, I am able to fit my DSLR with the 500mm lens, even with a 1.4 teleconverter attached with a little extra padding at the base.
Needed more room and this bag gives it. Easy access to gear as well.
I have had my mindshift gearBACKLIGHT® 36L for a good few years now and and its brilliant in all this time travelling round the uk professionally its never let me down i can carry two full set ups and a drone thrown in too !!
At Think Tank, we build our products for the daily impacts of travel and demands of working professionals over extended periods of time. We build many of our products with user replaceable parts to keep your bag going for years.
If you are not completely satisfied with our product, you can return it unused within 30-days for a full refund less shipping costs. Refunds will not be issued until the product is received and inspected to insure that it contains all the parts and is clean and unused. Note that we do not pay for shipping to have you return it to us.