The BackLight 36L back panel opening allows access to all of your gear, when taking the pack off is not an option.
The backpack features 11 liters of daypack capacity providing plenty of space for personal gear, including separate dedicated compartments for a 10" tablet and 15" laptop.
- Back-panel opening provides access to all of your camera gear without taking the pack off, allowing you to work out of the bag without getting your harness dirty, wet, muddy or icy.
- Dedicated compartments fit up to a 15” laptop and a 10” tablet.
- Daypack capacity! Front pockets totaling 11L carry personal gear for a day’s outing: extra layers, a light jacket, food, etc.
- Meets most International and US carry-on requirements*
- Daisy chain, ice axe loops and additional lash points for expanding your carry capacity
- Includes tripod/monopod mounting system on front or side
- Padded waist belt for all day comfort with webbing rail for attaching MindShift accessories
- Quick fit waist belt adjustment for rapid and convenient fitting
- Side compression straps with locking SR buckles for additional lash points
- Cable Attic for carrying filters or flash accessories
- Air channel and lumbar support on rear-panel for all-day comfort
- Ergonomic zipper pulls are easily gripped with gloves or chilled fingers
- Highest quality YKK RC Fuse zippers, 420D Velocity and 420D high-density nylon for long lasting durability and strength
- Front stuff pockets for trail essentials: headlamp, gloves, chargers
- Adjustable dividers for large telephoto lenses, traditional photo gear, or personal items
- Top zippered pocket for quick access to essentials
- Interior mesh pockets for storing filters, batteries, cables, etc.
- Seam-sealed rain cover included
- Compatible with the Tripod Suspension Kit, Filter Nest, Filter Hive and Switch Case
*Check with your airline for current carry-on requirements
What Fits +
- Holds 2 gripped DSLRs with lenses attached and 4–6 standard zoom lenses plus a flash
- Holds 2 gripped mirrorless bodies with lenses attached and 6–8 lenses plus a flash
- Fits up to a 15” laptop and a 10” tablet
- Fits personal gear in the 11L front compartments
- Maximum lens size: 600mm f/4 detached from body
- 600mm f/4, Sigma 35mm f/1.4 ART, 70–200mm f/2.8, Nikon D4S
- Nikon D3S with 24–70mm f/2.8 attached, Nikon D4S with 14–24mm f/ 2.8 attached, 135mm f/2, 70–200mm f/2.8, 105mm f/2.8 macro, 85mm f/1.8, Sigma 35mm f/1.4 ART, 50mm f/1.4, filters
- Canon 1DX with 400mm f/2.8 attached, 16–35mm f/2.8, 70–200mm f/2.8, 24–70mm f/2.8
12.5” W x 22.4” H x 9.1” D (31.8 x 57 x 23 cm)
12” W x 21” H x 7.1” D (30.5 x 53.5 x 18 cm)
11.2” W x 16.1” H x 1” D (28.5 x 41 x 2.5 cm)
10.6” W x 10.2” H x 0.6” D (27 x 26 x 1.5 cm)
4.9 lbs (2.2 kg)
For superior water resistance, all exterior fabric has a durable water-repellant coating, plus the underside of the fabric has a polyurethane coating. Features highest-quality abrasion-resistant YKK® RC-Fuse zippers, 420D velocity nylon, 420D high-density nylon, 320G UltraStretch mesh, 350G airmesh, nylon webbing, 3-ply bonded nylon thread.
210D silver-toned nylon lining, hexa-mesh pockets, high-density closed-cell foam, PE board reinforcement, 3-ply bonded nylon thread.
What can I say it’s a great bag
Johnathon was kind enough to listen to me and give me his top three selections based on my needs. I selected the BackLight 36L and couldn't be happier with my choice. It holds my equipment perfectly and is really nice quality. I'm very pleased with the product.
I am extremely happy with this purchase. It’s very comfortable, has quality straps, buckles and zippers. The back padding is breathable and with sufficient padding. I had no chafing or cutting anywhere after wearing it for many hours on the first day of use. I can fit everything I needed with room to spare. I carried a water bladder (that I already owned), mirrorless body, 7 lenses, tripod, clothing, food, cleaning kit and multiple other small accessories that I could organize nicely in the multitude of pockets.
This bag replaces a bag I had for years from another manufacturer. At 36L this bag easily takes 2 bodies, and several lenses. What I specifically like about it is that my Nikon 70-300 P, 24-120, & 300 pf lenses can both stand up in the bag along with 14-30 S and 16-35 f4 lenses while still having room for filters and Other accessories. Don’t like that the weather cover has to take up room in the bag. Also like the options for carrying water bottle, trekking poles, and tripods are better than my previous bag. Have used the bag on only one field outing so I don’t know how it will hold up, but the quality looks good.
Finding the right bag as a photographer is like searching for the last Dodo bird. Finding the right bag for an underwater photographer is akin to capturing a Leprechaun and getting his gold. Or so I thought. I reached out to ThinkTank to find where I could go to test how my gear would fit. They responded and I walked in with my sony A6000, macro lens, wide angle lens, Nauticam housing, ports for each lens, etension adapter rings for each port, strobes, arms and brackets and fiber optic cables. After a bit of moving all the dividers around I was able to fit all my gear and still have some room for a snack or my speedo (needed under my wetsuit) and it was quite comfortable to don. Looking forward to using this bag on my next trip to the Channel Islands for my next set of dives.
At Think Tank, we build our products for the daily impacts of travel and demands of working professionals over extended periods of time. We build many of our products with user replaceable parts to keep your bag going for years.
If you are not completely satisfied with our product, you can return it unused within 30-days for a full refund less shipping costs. Refunds will not be issued until the product is received and inspected to insure that it contains all the parts and is clean and unused. Note that we do not pay for shipping to have you return it to us.