The Retrospective 30 V2.0 shoulder bag retains that classic look but includes many innovative new features.
Keeping the soft, form-fitting design, they are lighter than the original. For greater security, we added a zippered opening under the main flap that tucks away when not in use.
- Soft and form-fitting with minimalist outer appearance
- Zippered opening to main compartment tucks-away when not in use
- Dedicated pocket fits a 15" laptop
- Luggage handle pass-through
- Collapsible water bottle pocket
- Hook-and-loop “Sound Silencers” offer discretion when needed
- Webbing rail to accommodate modular pouches or carabineer
- Additional dividers to sub-divide compartments for smaller lenses
- Organizer pocket
- Wide storage pocket on back
- Removable carrying handle
- Zippered pocket for valuables and small items
- Adjustable shoulder strap with cushioned non-slip pad
- Seam-sealed rain cover included
What Fits +
- 2 gripped DSLRs
- 70-200mm f/2.8 unattached
- 24–70mm f/2.8 attached
- 16–35mm f/2.8 attached
- Up to a 15” laptop
- Example: 2 Nikon D5 bodies with 14–24mm f/2.8 and 24–70mm f/2.8 attached, plus a 70–200mm f/2.8 unattached, iPad or 15” laptop
15” W x 10.5” H x 6.7” D (38 x 26.7 x 17 cm)
16” W x 11.2” H x 7” D (40.6 x 28.5 x 17.8 cm)
Laptop Pocket (fits up to 15” laptop):
14.2” W x 9.8” H x 1.0” D (36 x 25 x 2.5 cm)
2.8 lbs (1.3 kg) including all accessories
- Durable water-repellant (DWR) coating
- Polyurethane coating
- Sand-washed 100% cotton canvas (Pinestone and Blue Slate)
- 1100D polyspun polyester (Black)
- YKK® RC Fuse (abrasion-resistant) zippers
- Antique nickel-plated metal hardware
- Nylon webbing
- 3-ply bonded nylon thread
- Closed cell foam & PE board reinforced dividers
- 210D silver-toned nylon
- Polyurethane backed velex liner & dividers
- 2x polyurethane coated nylon 210T seam-sealed rain cover
- 3-ply bonded nylon thread
In The Box+
- Reinforced padded dividers
- Seam-sealed rain cover
I had been looking for a new shoulder bag for myself for several years and finally locked into the ThinkTank Retrospective 30 v2.0. I am so happy to have pulled the trigger to get this bag. The superior quality and craftsmanship are second to none. I know that this bag will be a part of my life for a long journey. Being a traveling wedding, wildlife, music, and lifestyle photography can really abuse the equipment I travel with, and I am confident that the ThinkTank Retro 30 will provide the security needed to protect my gear while also looking extremely stylish. I purchased a second one for my wife and also have several other ThinkTank products. I have been beyond pleased with the quality of product they deliver. Will be supporting ThinkTank for many years to come. I highly suggest that you invest in their products as well.
I like how the bag holds my 3 lens, dslr, and charger. It will hold one more macro lens when needed. When I used the bag for the first time I especially liked that it could carry a 32 oz water bottle.
I recently purchased both the 30 v2.0 and the 20v2.0 - needing both for different scenarios. I really like the bags. They are spacious enough for the gear I need to take with me on different shoots and very comfortable to carry. Two suggestions however… I wish there were exterior mounting options for a tripod and I really wish the top covers opened to the outside making it easier to access my camera and lenses. Neither of these features are major… only suggestions. All in all I am very happy with both.
At Think Tank, we build our products for the daily impacts of travel and demands of working professionals over extended periods of time. We build many of our products with user replaceable parts to keep your bag going for years.
If you are not completely satisfied with our product, you can return it unused within 30-days for a full refund less shipping costs. Refunds will not be issued until the product is received and inspected to insure that it contains all the parts and is clean and unused. Note that we do not pay for shipping to have you return it to us.