Whether bushwhacking through the outback or horse packin’ in the Wild West, the Retrospective Backpack 15 is built for back-road adventure travel.
This classic-styled rucksack features rugged yet form-fitting canvas that is treated with DWR to repel the elements. A zippered security flap under the lid tucks away to provide rapid top access, while the back panel offers full access to your gear – including a 16-inch laptop. Superior construction, comfortable harness and legendary Think Tank quality inspires confidence so you can focus on the shot.
- Soft and form-fitting with minimalist outer appearance
- Top and rear-panel access to camera gear
- Dedicated pocket fits up to a 16” laptop
- 20L of total storage: 15L enclosed space plus 5L additional for personal gear in the front pocket
- Configurable main compartment for camera gear or personal gear
- Tripod attachment on side or front panel
- Two collapsible water bottle pockets
- Compatible with Think Tank Modular pouches
- Organizer pocket
- Zippered pocket for valuables and small items
- Adjustable sternum slider
- Removable webbing waist belt
- Seam-sealed rain cover included
What Fits +
- Standard DSLR body
- Mirrorless System
- 15” laptop
- 70–200mm f/2.8 attached
- 24–70mm f/2.8
- 100mm or 105mm f/2.8 macro
- 50mm f/1.4
- Fuji X–T3 with 50–140mm f/2.8 attached, 35mm f/1.4, 14mm f/2.8, 60mm f/2.4, 23mm f/1.4, 56mm f/1.2, 16mm f/1.4 and a flash
- Sony A7rIII with 70–200mm f/2.8 attached (hood extended), 16–35mm f/4, 24–70mm f/2.8 and a flash
11.4” W x 13.8” H x 5.5” D (29 x 35 x 14 cm)
11.8” W x 15.9” H x 7.1” D (30 x 40.5 x 18 cm)
Laptop Pocket (fits up to 16” laptop):
9.8” W x 14.1” H x 1.0” D (25 x 36 x 2.5 cm)
4.0 lbs (1.8 kg) including all accessories
- Durable water-repellant (DWR) coating
- Polyurethane coating
- Sand-washed 100% cotton canvas
- YKK® RC Fuse (abrasion-resistant) zippers
- Antique plated brass hardware
- Nylon webbing
- 3-ply bonded nylon thread
- Full-grain Dakota leather buckle loops and zipper pulls
- Closed-cell foam and PE board reinforced dividers
- 210D silver-toned nylon
- Polyester 300D two-tone twill ripstop liner
- Polyurethane backed velex liner and dividers
- 2x polyurethane coated nylon 210T seam-sealed rain cover
- 3-ply bonded nylon thread
The Retrospective® Backpack 15 I recently purchased is one of the most comfortable camera backpacks I’ve every owned. All the gear is easily accessible and well protected. Thank you ThinkTank, you really outdid yourself this time.
Excellent quality like my other ThinkTank bags. Perfect fit. I love that I can easily convert this backpack for day trips or for travel when I don't need my camera. When going on assignments or photoshoots i use this backpack in conjunction with my Airport Advantage Rolling Bag. Like the security features as well. Overall you can't go wrong with this bag period!
A sturdy and quality made bag that fits my mirrorless setup that includes a 100-400 lens. My only wish as a petite female, was that it was a bit lighter in weight.
I really enjoy using this is great backpack and now it's my goto primary backpack. For years I've always used my ThinkTANK Airport Light, but now it's my new Pinestone Retrospective Backpack 15. ... thanks for another great backpack .. highly recommend
Started doing research on camera travel bags as I’ve been doing a lot of traveling this year. Came across this bag and it both satisfied me aesthetically and practically! Super well made - would buy again
At Think Tank, we build our products for the daily impacts of travel and demands of working professionals over extended periods of time. We build many of our products with user replaceable parts to keep your bag going for years.
If you are not completely satisfied with our product, you can return it unused within 30-days for a full refund less shipping costs. Refunds will not be issued until the product is received and inspected to insure that it contains all the parts and is clean and unused. Note that we do not pay for shipping to have you return it to us.