Rotation180® technology enables photographers to quickly access their camera without taking off the backpack.
Simply rotate the integrated belt pack to the front of your body and your camera is at your fingertips. Snap the shot, slide the belt pack back in, and you’re on your way!
- Rotating belt pack offers multiple benefits
- Immediate camera access: Stowed-to-shooting in 3 seconds
- Keep your backpack on while shooting
- Maintain creative momentum
- 2 bags in 1: Separate the belt pack and go light when needed
- One-handed magnetic opening with zipper closure for complete security
- Rotating belt pack (10L)
- Dedicated padded sleeve fits up to a 16” laptop or a 3L reservoir in the front pocket
- Rear panel access to easily grab extra photo or personal gear
- Extendable collar adds 6L expanding the total volume to 56L
- Jacket-sized front stuff pocket
- Torso height adjustment fits a wide range of body sizes
- Tripod carries easily on the front and/or side panels
- 10-point adjustable harness to fine tune how you carry your load
- Weather protection: Weather resistant zippers, DWR coated fabrics, zipper covers and belt pack elements barrier
- Floating top-pocket allows you to strap a rope or a jacket underneath
- Zoned harness system to maximize airflow, breathability and comfort
- Top pocket for quick access to essential items
- Large side pocket fits most 1.5L water bottles
- Pack weight transfers to waist belt and moves with your hips
- Internal load compression to keep your gear tight and close to your body
- Waist belt pocket for instant access to small items
- Mountain axe/hiking pole loops
- Daisy chain attachment points to expand your load
- Increase your capacity: The Stash Master Pro (sold separately) maximizes photo gear in the top compartment
- Expand your access: Attach accessories (sold separately) to the belt wing
- Enhance your protection: Rain cover for downpour conditions (sold separately)
What Fits +
One gripped Mirrorless or DSLR kit with 3-5 lenses or 70-200mm f/2.8 attached.
40-liters of capacity for personal items and can be expanded to 46 liters with the top collar – making the Rotation 50+ a 56-liter bag! The Stash Master Pro photo insert significantly expands your camera carry (sold separately).
13.8” W x 24–31.9” H x 11.8” D (35 x 61–81 x 30 cm)
11.8” W x 14.1–19.3” H x 8.7” D (30 x 36–49 x 22 cm)
Belt pack Interior:
12.2” W x 7.7” H x 7.1” D (31 x 19.5 x 18 cm)
10.6” W x 14.8” H x 1.0” D (27 x 37.5 x 2.5 cm)
6.2 lbs. (2.8 kg)
- All exterior fabric is coated on both sides with a durable water-repellant coating
- YKK® AquaGuard and RC Fuse zippers
- 100D high-tenacity Triple Ripstop material
- 100D high-tenacity Ace Twill
- 1680D nylon ballistic bottom panel
- Triangle perforated high-density cross-linked angular foam
- 580G honeycomb air-mesh
- 350G air-mesh
- Nylon webbing
- 3-ply bonded nylon thread
- 200D polyester lining
- Belly-o mesh pockets
- Closed-cell cross-linked foam
- 3-ply bonded nylon thread
Great backcountry camera and gear hauler
I have several Think Tank bags because they are well thought out and engineered. The Rotation 50L is a real backpack for the adventurous photographer..pro or amateur. Load stability is on par with any "real" backpacks out there (Dana Designs/ Mystery Ranch owner here). The rotation design is very innovative and does fix the classic problem of "shot hesitation" due to the work involved with unloading the more traditional designs out there. Camera accessibility and gear hauling! What a concept.
Well thought out and executed!
I have several Think Tank bags because they are well thought out and engineered. The Rotation 50L is a real backpack for the adventurous photographer. Load stability is on par with any "real" backpacks out there (Dana Designs/ Mystery Ranch owner here). The rotation design is very innovative and does fix the classic problem of "shot hesitation" due to the work involved with unloading the more traditional designs out there. Camera accessibility and gear hauling! What a concept.
Excellent pack for the traveling professional
After using the 50L as my primary camera pack for 6 days in the mountains of Montana, I am extremely pleased with the functionality of the pack and it's ability to comfortably carry 20+ pounds of gear all day while hiking. I had a Sony A7S3 with a 24-105 f4 lens in the waist pack and a 5DM4 with a 100-400 in the stash pro on my back. Filters and what not also in the stash pro. Tripod on the side, water bladder in the designated side pocket, and a ton of extra things/snacks stashed all around the pack. Plenty of pockets but I recommend getting the stash pro if you can. It's really adds to the packs organization. I will admit I was skeptical to how the waist pack would feel and work, but it did not twist my shirt or pants which was my main concern. It swings around easily but be careful with your right shoulder. I was a little over eager and tried to bring the waist pack around without loosening the waist belt and felt a pull in my shoulder, but that's user error. The stitching looks to be high quality as does the rip stop material. I previously worked for a backpack company and I felt confident this pack was constructed well. It should last many years in the field. I'm sure there are more positive things to say, but I'll end it with this... Run and gun photographers will likely feel the same as I do should they choose to use this pack.
I was a long-term user of the previous version and loved the design, the rotation system genuinely speeds up my workflow. This new improved series really seems to have perfected the design. Everything is incredibly well thought out making the pack super comfortable and capable of carrying seriously heavy loads comfortably, it's easily more comfortable than any other camera pack I've used to date. Stacks of storage options to keep everything organised and the improved rotation system with magnetic closure and a smoother transition is an improvement on the already great original. Highly recommended!
Make a good thing better!
After having set up the new Rotation 50L, I found it very comfortable. It needs some time to figure out how to get a Nikon D5 or D6 (with RRS-L-bracket) and attached 70-200 (2.8) into the belt pack - but after fiddling around for a while (due to the magnetic lid) - it works. Hight of the belt pack has been improved and is now a much better fit for larger Pro-DSLR bodies. The new Stash Master pro is also a great improvement. Holds my 500mm or my 200-500mm without any problem. Access has also been improved. Is it comfortable to carry, yes a great improvement over my old Rotation 180 that will hopefully soon find a new owner. In combination with my Backlight Elite 45 - I´m satisfied. For different purposes they deliver a great job. Well done, you folks. Can I recommend it - yes, definitely.
At Think Tank, we build our products for the daily impacts of travel and demands of working professionals over extended periods of time. We build many of our products with user replaceable parts to keep your bag going for years.
If you are not completely satisfied with our product, you can return it unused within 30-days for a full refund less shipping costs. Refunds will not be issued until the product is received and inspected to insure that it contains all the parts and is clean and unused. Note that we do not pay for shipping to have you return it to us.