Easy to pack and even easier to access, the Urban Access 8 Sling bag enables you to get to your gear quickly without taking off the pack.
Innovative “Slings Both Ways” functionality allows you sling the bag over your left or right shoulder, depending on your preference. By simply switching the shoulder strap to either side of the bag, you can adjust the load for greater comfort on long outings. Access panels on both sides provide access to your camera gear without having to take the pack off or reposition the dividers.
- “Slings Both Ways” functionality allows a left or right shoulder position
- Ability to switch shoulders reduces fatigue on long outings
- Tripod attachment on front secures a small tripod
- Dedicated tablet compartment
- Camera access from either side without having to reconfigure dividers
- Deep front pocket fits a hat and gloves
- Removable webbing waist belt included
- Stack smaller lenses with included dividers
- SR buckle and handle on shoulder strap for easy removal
- Internal organizer pockets give you quick access to filters, batteries, cards, etc
- Top handle
- Business card holder
- Seam-sealed rain cover included
What Fits +
- One ungripped Mirrorless body
- 2–3 lenses
- 8” tablet
- Sony a7rIII with 24–70 f/4 attached, 90mm f/2.8 macro, and compact flash
- Fujifilm X-T3 with 56mm f/1.2 attached, 16mm f/1.4, 60mm f/2.4, and 35mm f/1.4
7.5” W x 13.2” H x 4.3” D (19 x 33.5 x 11 cm)
7.9” W x 14.6” H x 5.1” D (20 x 37 x 13 cm)
8” Tablet Pocket:
6.5” W x 8.5” H x 0.8” D (16.5 x 21.5 x 2 cm)
1.3 lbs. (0.6 kg) including all accessories
- Durable water-repellant (DWR) coating with polyurethane backed fabric for superior water-resistance
- 500D 2-tone poly tech-weave
- YKK® RC fuse zippers
- 420D high-density nylon
- Nylon webbing
- High-density nylon air-mesh
- 3-ply bonded nylon thread
- Stiffened closed-cell foam dividers
- Polyurethane backed liner and dividers
- 210D nylon
- Super-Grip velex
- Hexa mesh
- High-density nylon microfiber
- 2x polyurethane coated nylon 190T seam-sealed rain cover
- 3-ply bonded nylon thread
Overall, I really love this bag. I look forward to going out to shoot knowing that I can carry my gear safely in a bag that is stylish and comfortable, with extra room for other items. There are a couple of annoyances with it, mainly the placement of the zippers. I use the bag on my left shoulder which means the access for the main compartment is right next to the area for a tablet (or, in my case, a phone). The first couple of times I wore the bag, I got confused about which zipper to pull and invariably opened the one with my phone by accident. To remedy that, I moved the camera compartment zippers down toward the bottom of the bag and trained myself to reach there. But what has also happened is that the zipper pull for the tablet compartment has gotten stuck in the camera compartment and made it difficult to open. Argh! So something needs to be changed with the way the zipper/zipper pulls lay. I may change out the pull so it is heavier and let gravity work for me. Other than that, it's a bag I would fully recommend, is very versatile for both camera gear and other necessities (face mask and hand sanitizer- sign of the times). I can also fit a small water bottle in the front pocket. Thanks for making a great bag.
I had corresponded with Thinktank and actually had a conversation with someone there about my concern that almost all camera bags are storage bags... really difficult to work from. But, when I looked over the Urban 8 I was surprised at how many of the features dealt with whaty I had complained about, the flap that folds toward me and is always in my way, the difficulty I have just reaching in some bags for a lens, no place to put the lens removed while I change to another, additional pockets which are so small they're useless. The Urban 8 handles all those. The narrowing of the basic compartment I could do without but all and all this is a really fine bage.
I had corresponded with Thinktank and actually had a conversation with someone there about my concern that almost all camera bags are storage bags... really difficult to work from. But, when I looked over the Urban 8 I was surprised at how many of the features dealt with whaty I had complained about; the flap that folds toward me and is always in my way, the difficulty I have just reaching in some bags for a lens, no place to put the lens removed while I change to another, additional pockets which are so small they're useless. The Urban 8 handles all those. The narrowing of the basic compartment I could do without but all and all this is a really fine bage.
At Think Tank, we build our products for the daily impacts of travel and demands of working professionals over extended periods of time. We build many of our products with user replaceable parts to keep your bag going for years.
If you are not completely satisfied with our product, you can return it unused within 30-days for a full refund less shipping costs. Refunds will not be issued until the product is received and inspected to insure that it contains all the parts and is clean and unused. Note that we do not pay for shipping to have you return it to us.