The Retrospective 7 V2.0 shoulder bag retains that classic look but includes many innovative new features.
Keeping the soft, form-fitting design, they are lighter than the original. For greater security, we added a zippered opening under the main flap that tucks away when not in use.
- Soft and form-fitting with minimalist outer appearance
- Zippered opening to main compartment tucks-away when not in use
- Dedicated pockets fit a 10" tablet and a 13" laptop
- Luggage handle pass-through
- Collapsible water bottle pocket
- Hook-and-loop “Sound Silencers” offer discretion when needed
- Webbing rail to accommodate modular pouches or carabineer
- Additional dividers to sub-divide compartments for smaller lenses
- Front pocket fits a 10” tablet
- Organizer pocket
- Wide storage pocket on back
- Removable carrying handle
- Zippered pocket for valuables and small items
- Adjustable shoulder strap with cushioned non-slip pad
- Seam-sealed rain cover included
What Fits +
- Standard DSLR
- 10” tablet
- 13” laptop
- 24–70mm f/2.8 attached
- 70–200mm f/2.8 unattached
- Example: Nikon D850 with 24–70mm f/2.8 attached, 70–200mm f/2.8, SB-5000 AFSpeedlight
- DJI Mavic Pro drone, controller, batteries and accessories
12.5” W x 8.8” H x 5.4”D (31.8 x 22.4 x 13.8 cm)
13.5” W x 9.5” H x 6” D (34.3 x 24.1 x 17.8 cm)
Laptop Pocket (fits up to 13” laptop):
12.2” W x 8.7” H x 1.0” D (31 x 22 x 2.5 cm)
2.7 lbs (1.2 kg) including all accessories
- Durable water-repellant (DWR) coating
- Polyurethane coating
- Sand-washed 100% cotton canvas
- YKK® RC Fuse (abrasion-resistant) zippers
- Antique plated brass hardware
- Nylon webbing
- 3-ply bonded nylon thread
- Closed-cell foam and PE board reinforced dividers
- 210D silver-toned nylon
- Polyester 300D two-tone twill ripstop liner
- Polyurethane backed velex liner and dividers
- 2x polyurethane coated nylon 210T seam-sealed rain cover
- 3-ply bonded nylon thread
In The Box+
- Reinforced padded dividers
- Seam-sealed rain cover
I purchased the Retrospective 7 to use with my Z6. and the primary glass I carry with it on daily shoots. I carry the Nikkor Z 24-70 f2.8 S lens mounted, the 14-30 f4 S, and the 85 f1.8 S lens. I love this bag so much better than my version 1 Size 20 that I use when I was carrying my D700 and a 70-200 mounted. I like the zippered secondary flap. I like the way the storage is just a bit cleaner and easier to find things. I love the original but sometimes I had a tough time finding things in it. The new version is just a bit neater and better organized. Please do not make any more improvements. I cannot afford another new bag. My Retrospective 20 is just fine..... :) Yes the Think Tank bags are the best I have found. I have tried a bunch and some of them barely made it out of their shipping container. I know if I order a Thinktank Bag it will be a long time tool. I getting old enough to say it may be the last bag I buy... maybe....
I have a similar sized bag, a cheap canvas one from Amazon, but I upgraded to this as a keep-forever bag. The attention to detail is phenomenal! It seems as though the designers thought of almost everything! The only improvement I can think is for V3 would be built-in battery management, but I’ll be adding a couple battery storage pouches soon from Thinktank to perfect my setup.
First class service, sturdy, well constructed and well thought out product
Beautiful bag--well constructed. Love the pockets and color. Exactly what I needed!
I opened the package and configured the very well made bag to hold my camera, another lens, and some other equipment. I will use it for the first time this weekend, but so far so good!
At Think Tank, we build our products for the daily impacts of travel and demands of working professionals over extended periods of time. We build many of our products with user replaceable parts to keep your bag going for years.
If you are not completely satisfied with our product, you can return it unused within 30-days for a full refund less shipping costs. Refunds will not be issued until the product is received and inspected to insure that it contains all the parts and is clean and unused. Note that we do not pay for shipping to have you return it to us.