MindShift Gear’s New rotation180°® Trail™ Backpack Provides Quick Access to Outdoor Exploration Necessities
Our sister outdoor backpack company MindShift Gear has made its award-winning rotation technology available in a smaller, lighter new backpack, the rotation180º® Trail™. Accessing gear has never been easier for outdoor photographers and action-enthusiasts. With the rotation180º Trail they can hike, mountain bike, ski, and birdwatch without breaking stride. No more removing a cumbersome backpack to access camera gear or trail essentials. In one swift motion, they can rotate the beltpack and grab their gear without taking their eyes off of wildlife or disrupting their creative momentum.
The intuitive functionality of the small yet spacious rotation180º Trail keeps the day's necessities organized and ready for quick access. It fits any 1.5 liter or a 2 liter CamelBak water reservoir, a light jacket and an extra layer, binoculars, compass, trail books, maps and more. This 2-in-1 bag's beltpack can be worn on its own for traveling light.
- Rotating beltpack for accessing trail essentials: compact DSLR or mirrorless camera system, 8” tablet (iPad mini), binoculars, maps, guide book, energy bars, food, and more.
- Dedicated zippered hydration compartment fits any 1.5 liter reservoir or a 2 liter CamelBak reservoir
- 2 bags in 1: Removable beltpack can be worn on its own for traveling light
- Backpack holds jacket, layers, hat, gloves, lunch and more
- Front stretch pocket provides flexible carrying options for quick access
- Small tripod carries easily on the side panel
- Top pocket for quick access to small items
- Mesh stretch pocket fits a water bottle
- Bike-light attachment
- Beltpack compression straps
- Lightweight materials
- Breathable padded airflow harness with adjustable sternum strap
- Optional rain cover (sold separately) functions with rotation technology
Beltpack Gear Profiles
Hiker: Mirrorless camera, iPad, GPS device, smartphone, radio, headlamp, knife
Bird Watcher: Binoculars, iPad, bird watching book, map, bird list, voice recorder.
Mountain Biker: GPS, GoPro, cell phone, map, energy bars, bike tools, banana, sunglasses
Skier: Energy bar, flask, lip balm, trail map, hand-warmers, liner gloves, sunglasses
Beltpack Camera Profiles
Sony a7 with 28–70mm kit lens attached + 55mm f/1.8 + iPad mini
Nikon D5300 with 18–55mm kit lens attached + 75–300mm + iPad mini
Canon Rebel t5i with 18–55mm kit lens attached + 75–300mm + iPad mini
1-3 GoPro cameras, LCD back, remote, batteries, SD cards, various mounts and adapters
Fits a light jacket and an extra layer, hat, gloves, food, sunscreen and more.
Exterior: For superior water resistance, all exterior fabric has a durable water-repellent (DWR) coating, plus the underside of the fabric has a polyurethane coating. It’s also constructed with high quality YKK® zippers, 420D velocity nylon, 420D high density nylon, nylon 100D shadow ripstop, 210D velocity nylon, Ultra-Stretch fabric, nylon webbing, 350G air-mesh, and 3-ply bonded nylon thread.
Interior: 200D polyester lining, Belly-O mesh pockets, closed-cell antilon foam, and 3-ply bonded nylon thread.
Exterior: 9.4” W x 21.3” H x 5.9” D (24 x 54 x 15 cm)
Interior: 8.5" W x 11" H x 4" D (22 x 28 x 10 cm)
Exterior: 9.1” W x 7.1” H x 5.1” D (23 x 18 x 13 cm)
Interior: 8.7” W x 6.3” H x 4.3” D (22 x 16 x 11 cm)
8” Tablet Compartment: 7.9” W x 5.5” H x 0.6” D (20 x 14 x 1.5 cm)
Backpack: 11.5 liters
Total: 16 liters
Backpack: 1.7 lbs (0.8 kg)
Beltpack: 0.8 lbs. (0.4 kg)