The BackLight 26L, with a rear-panel compartment for photo gear, allows you to access your gear without taking off the backpack.
You can change lenses or just snap a quick photo by simply by spinning the bag to the front of your body while the waist belt is still secured.
- Back-panel access provides access to all of your camera gear without taking the bag off, allowing you to work out of your bag without getting the harness dirty, wet, muddy or icy.
- Dedicated compartments fit up to a 15” laptop and full-size tablet.
- Daypack capacity! Front pockets totaling 9L carry personal gear for a days outing: extra layers, a light jacket, food, etc.
- Meets most international and US carry-on requirements*
- Daisy chain, ice axe loops and additional lash points for expanding your carry capacity
- Includes tripod/monopod mounting system on front or side
- Comfortable padded waist belt for all day comfort on the trail with webbing rail for modular pouches or accessories
- Flap-keeper neck strap allows you to work out of the bag, unencumbered
- Two large water bottle pockets with cinch cord fit a 32oz Nalgene
- Side compression straps with locking SR buckles for additional lash points
- Air channel and lumbar support on rear-panel for all-day comfort
- Ergonomic zipper pulls are easily gripped with gloves or frozen fingers
- Highest quality YKK zippers, 420D Velocity and 420D high-density nylon for long lasting durability and strength
- Front stuff pockets for trail essentials: headlamp, gloves, chargers
- Adjustable dividers for large telephoto lenses, traditional photo gear, or personal items
- Top zippered pocket for quick access essentials
- Interior mesh pockets for storing filters, batteries, cables, etc.
- Seam-sealed rain cover included, folds flat for use as a ground cover
- Compatible with the Tripod Suspension Kit, Filter Nest, Filter Hive and Switch Case
*Check with your airline for current carry-on requirements
What Fits +
- Holds 1 standard-size DSLR and 4-6 standard zoom lenses, plus a flash
- Holds 2 large mirrorless cameras and 5-7 lenses, plus a flash
- Fits personal gear in the 9L front compartments
- Maximum lens size: 200-400 f/4 detached from body
- Fuji XT-1 with 50-140mm f/2.8, Fuji X Pro-1 with 18mm f/2.0, 56mm f/1.2, 23mm f/1.4, 14mm f/2.8, 18-55mm f/2.8-4.0, 60mm macro f/2.4 plus optional FilterNest Mini and GP Series cases.
- Canon 5D Mark III with the Canon 70-200mm f/2.8, 24-70mm f/2.8, 16-35mm f/2.8, 85mm f/1.8, 100mm macro plus optional FilterNest Mini and GP Series cases
- Nikon D810 with 24-70mm f/2.8, 70-200mm f/2.8, 105mm f/2.8 macro and 14-24mm f/2.8 plus SB900 flash and optional FilterNest Mini and GP Series cases
10.2” W x 19.3” H x 5.9” D (26 x 49 x 15 cm)
11.4” W x 20.3” H x 7.9” D (29 x 51.5 x 20 cm)
10” W x 15.3” H x 1”D (25.5 x 38.8 x 2.5 cm)
9.3” W x 10.2” H x 0.6” D (23.5 x 26 x 1.5 cm)
For superior water resistance, all exterior fabric has a durable water-repellant coating, plus the underside of the fabric has a polyurethane coating. It also has highest-quality abrasion-resistant YKK® RC-Fuse zippers, 420D velocity nylon, 420D high-density nylon, 320G UltraStretch mesh, 350G airmesh, nylon webbing, 3-ply bonded nylon thread.
210D silver-toned nylon lining, hexa-mesh pockets, high-density closed-cell foam, PE board reinforcement, 3-ply bonded nylon thread.
Excellent back pack, worked exactly as advertised and shown in videos on YouTube. I have a Nikon D500, 18-300mm and 200-500mm Nikon lens with room for battery charger a Cotton Carrier Harness, a monopod on the side and space for rain gear. Very durable and strong.
This was a great purchase! The size and versatility of the loading was perfect.
I bought the 26L pack after first buying a 18L and finding it just a tad too small (it held everything, but was a tight squeeze. My fault). The 26L has plenty of room, is very well constructed, and is VERY comfortable for long or short hikes. It is also airline carry-on compliant. For reference, mine holds the following, in the main compartment: Canon EOS-R with RF 24-105 attached with lens hood, Canon 100-400 EF L, Canon 100mm L Macro, Canon 17-40L, Canon 50mm 1.8, Canon EF 12mm and 25mm extension tubes, Canon EF 1.4X teleconverter, filters, 4 spare batteries, spare SD cards, Hoodman hood, and other miscellaneous items. That's a lot of gear, and it all fits well. The outer compartments have rain hoods, portable battery packs and other miscellaneous stuff. The feature that enables you to rotate the pack all the way from behind you to in front of you is handy, even if just a bit awkward. I probably need to practice doing that more to get the hang of it. The other really great feature is that the main compartment is against your back, increasing security of your equipment, and also keeping you clean for those times you have to put the pack on the ground to access your gear. Buy this pack, and never think about buying another one (unless you need to go bigger!).
Amazing camera bag, it fits all my gear. 100-400mm 18-35mm & 55-250mm lenses. Plus all of my GoPro gear and additional equipment I need for shooting in wild. Overall it’s a durable, well designed backpack. 5 stars all the way!
Hiked up a local mountain (3,500') with it. Very comfortable (nice shoulder straps and hip belt--much more comfortable than Photocross 13L.) Fit crop sensor camera and xtra clothes in camera section, more clothes in large front pocket, food in other front pocket. Two nice large two bottle pockets. Lots of loops for tie ons. So what is missing 1-top o bag pocket too small to be of much use, 2-pockets in hip belt would be nice, 3-NO LOAD LIFTER STRAPS, 4-rain cover comes with bag but wish it was attached in an outside pocket and easily accessed.
At Think Tank, we build our products for the daily impacts of travel and demands of working professionals over extended periods of time. We build many of our products with user replaceable parts to keep your bag going for years.
If you are not completely satisfied with our product, you can return it unused within 30-days for a full refund less shipping costs. Refunds will not be issued until the product is received and inspected to insure that it contains all the parts and is clean and unused. Note that we do not pay for shipping to have you return it to us.