The BackLight 26L, with a rear-panel compartment for photo gear, allows you to access your gear without taking off the backpack.
You can change lenses or just snap a quick photo by simply by spinning the bag to the front of your body while the waist belt is still secured.
- Back-panel access provides access to all of your camera gear without taking the bag off, allowing you to work out of your bag without getting the harness dirty, wet, muddy or icy.
- Dedicated compartments fit up to a 15” laptop and full-size tablet.
- Daypack capacity! Front pockets totaling 9L carry personal gear for a days outing: extra layers, a light jacket, food, etc.
- Meets most international and US carry-on requirements*
- Daisy chain, ice axe loops and additional lash points for expanding your carry capacity
- Includes tripod/monopod mounting system on front or side
- Comfortable padded waist belt for all day comfort on the trail with webbing rail for modular pouches or accessories
- Flap-keeper neck strap allows you to work out of the bag, unencumbered
- Two large water bottle pockets with cinch cord fit a 32oz Nalgene
- Side compression straps with locking SR buckles for additional lash points
- Air channel and lumbar support on rear-panel for all-day comfort
- Ergonomic zipper pulls are easily gripped with gloves or frozen fingers
- Highest quality YKK zippers, 420D Velocity and 420D high-density nylon for long lasting durability and strength
- Front stuff pockets for trail essentials: headlamp, gloves, chargers
- Adjustable dividers for large telephoto lenses, traditional photo gear, or personal items
- Top zippered pocket for quick access essentials
- Interior mesh pockets for storing filters, batteries, cables, etc.
- Seam-sealed rain cover included, folds flat for use as a ground cover
- Compatible with the Tripod Suspension Kit, Filter Nest, Filter Hive and Switch Case
*Check with your airline for current carry-on requirements
What Fits +
- Holds 1 standard-size DSLR and 4-6 standard zoom lenses, plus a flash
- Holds 2 large mirrorless cameras and 5-7 lenses, plus a flash
- Fits personal gear in the 9L front compartments
- Maximum lens size: 200-400 f/4 detached from body
- Fuji XT-1 with 50-140mm f/2.8, Fuji X Pro-1 with 18mm f/2.0, 56mm f/1.2, 23mm f/1.4, 14mm f/2.8, 18-55mm f/2.8-4.0, 60mm macro f/2.4 plus optional FilterNest Mini and GP Series cases.
- Canon 5D Mark III with the Canon 70-200mm f/2.8, 24-70mm f/2.8, 16-35mm f/2.8, 85mm f/1.8, 100mm macro plus optional FilterNest Mini and GP Series cases
- Nikon D810 with 24-70mm f/2.8, 70-200mm f/2.8, 105mm f/2.8 macro and 14-24mm f/2.8 plus SB900 flash and optional FilterNest Mini and GP Series cases
10.2” W x 19.3” H x 5.9” D (26 x 49 x 15 cm)
11.4” W x 20.3” H x 7.9” D (29 x 51.5 x 20 cm)
10” W x 15.3” H x 1”D (25.5 x 38.8 x 2.5 cm)
9.3” W x 10.2” H x 0.6” D (23.5 x 26 x 1.5 cm)
For superior water resistance, all exterior fabric has a durable water-repellant coating, plus the underside of the fabric has a polyurethane coating. It also has highest-quality abrasion-resistant YKK® RC-Fuse zippers, 420D velocity nylon, 420D high-density nylon, 320G UltraStretch mesh, 350G airmesh, nylon webbing, 3-ply bonded nylon thread.
210D silver-toned nylon lining, hexa-mesh pockets, high-density closed-cell foam, PE board reinforcement, 3-ply bonded nylon thread.
It's ideal for my camera gear, accessories, MacBook and clothes.
Great to pop in the car so I have easy access to a number of lenses and assorted accessories. Almost wish I had selected the next larger size. Seems well made and designed
This is a quality made product and is very comfortable to use fully loaded The only complants I have is the string that is to go over your head when you swing the bag around to access it is always in the way when I am trying to use the pouch for something else. And the side holders do not open up enough to get a bigger water bottle in and out of without taking the pack off. I also wish the hip straps would be removable for when you are not using it as a backpack. The size is tight for 2 canon body's a 100-400, 17-85, 50 and misc stuff but I knew that and didn't want to go bigger. Overall I am happy with the bag
Like most photographers I am always looking for the perfect bag. I needed a day bag to carry my camera equipment and some additional stuff (i.e. rain jacket, binoculars, food, water, etc.). I think I have just found it. I bought the Backlight 26L and it arrived yesterday. It easily accepts all the kit I wanted to carry (inc. Canon R5 with 24-105L fitted, 70-200mm F2.8L, 100-500mm L, 2x Extender, 50mm F/1.8, Lee filters and holder, spare batteries, cleaning cloth and blower, Gitzo tripod with ball head and a bottle of water). This leaves plenty of room in the front pocket for clothing, food and other items. The pack fully loaded comes in at 11.2kg. But it was comfortable to walk with. Most of the weight is supported by the substancial waist strap. I took it out for a test walk and covered over 5miles. Was easy to carry and worked well when I wanted to access camera gear, changing lenses etc. I carry my camera on the left shoulder strap using Peak Design clip (needed the longer screws to fit it to the thick padded strap). Time will tell how well it lasts, but at this point I am very happy that after looking at so many alternatives I went and purchased the Backlight 26L.
I just wore it once to see how I would like it with my gear in it and it was such a comfortable fit except I feel it was a little too big for me as I am petite. I would like a smaller version. I am impressed with the quality and comfort of your products.
At Think Tank, we build our products for the daily impacts of travel and demands of working professionals over extended periods of time. We build many of our products with user replaceable parts to keep your bag going for years.
If you are not completely satisfied with our product, you can return it unused within 30-days for a full refund less shipping costs. Refunds will not be issued until the product is received and inspected to insure that it contains all the parts and is clean and unused. Note that we do not pay for shipping to have you return it to us.