Our sister outdoor gear company MindShift Gear has just released the Filter Nest, the first dual-purpose round filter case for outdoor photography. The Filter Nest is two bags in one: a padded, zippered pouch protects delicate filters from dust and scratches in the field and a removable insert allows for compact packing.
The Filter Nest is belt-mountable and compatible with MindShift Gear’s rotation180° Panorama and rotation180° Professional backpacks for quickly accessing filters while setting up a shot. Plus, the grab-handle with SR buckle enables photographers to hang the Filter Nest from a tripod to suit workflow for rapid filter changes when speed counts.
“Photographers rely on filters to create various lighting effects,” said MindShift’s president and lead designer Doug Murdoch. “They need a protective, well-designed case that provides rapid access for quick filter changes. The Filter Nest provides for this quick access, as well a means for compact packing.”
Click here for photos and detailed product information: http://www.mindshiftgear.com/products/filter-nest
- The padded, zippered pouch provides optimum protection in the field.
- The “removable insert” is ideal for compact packing.
- Color-coding improves organization, fits 8 round filters including 2 variable NDs, and eliminates plastic cases in the bag.
- Belt-mountable to provide quick access to filters when setting up a shot (Compatible with the rotation 180° Panorama and the rotation 180° Professional backpacks).
- Grab-handle with SR buckle enables you to hang the Filter Nest from a tripod for quick access
- Front zippered pocket fits a lens cloth.
The Filter Nest fits 8 round filters (up to 82mm) including 2 variable NDs in orange divider, step up/down rings, cleaning cloth, lens caps, lens pen and more.
PRODUCT DIMENSIONS & WEIGHT
- External pouch: 8.1” W x 4.3” H x 3.0” D (20.5 x 11 x 7.5 cm)
- Removable filter insert: 7.3” W x 3.7” H x 1.8” D (18.5 x 9.5 x 4.5 cm)
- Round filter slots: 3.4” W x 3.5” H (8.6 x 9.0 cm)
- Weight: 0.4 lbs (0.2 kg)